Staff Ranks

• I’d love to see staff ranks implemented.

Ideally, the ranks would serve a purpose on scene, either giving a benefit to payout, time to completion or as a call requirement. But even without that, the ability to assign ranks to staff would be cool.

On the personnel details editing screen, add a drop-down box with options for ranks pre-allocated by the content advice team, and potentially allow customs ranks to be added to the list which are a copy of an existing rank, but re-labelled to allow the player more scope and realism to their service area if wanted.

Potentially have a cap on the % of staff that can be promoted to certain ranks. 1% of a player’s entire staff at the highest ranks etc.

Also would be awesome to have a staff overview list in dispatch centres with an extra column for rank, just like for training.

• Yes but it would be way to much mirco managing

• This could work really well for those who want to go to the level of detail.

It wouldn't really result in "micro-managing" either.

Now how to implement is the question, do you make jobs require a trained staff member bit like critical care where vehicle doesn't matter or have them respond only from a command unit like fire officer or ICCU.

For fire I would have it so we have 4 levels of command officers.

Level 1, Station commander

Level 2, Area Commander

Level 3, Divisional Officer

Level 4, Deputy Chief Officer.

Each with training Level 1 just need that, Level 2 would need Level 1 and so on.

Yes I have missed out a few ranks from what is used in real life but having these 4 would provide a good way forward in game.

Now with calls you can set it so calls need a set amount of each Commander how that commander gets there is up to how you set up. Personally I'd have all turn up in cars as standard. However they still count if you stick them in a ICCU.

For police I'd introduce

Sergeants

Inspectors

With Sergeant training and Inspector training.

They can be put in any vehicle this can allow players to have a sergeants and inspectors in all areas of their policing line traffic and firearms.

For medical we are already seeing Command structure there I'd hust work on calls here.

• I would hate this feature, it will break my whole set up. I would prefer a police mobile command unit or somthing

• I would hate this feature, it will break my whole set up. I would prefer a police mobile command unit or somthing

If added it would need to be done so that it is triggered by buying a certain unit or by an option in the DC. This would let training take place throughout for people.

Personally if you want to do ranks go into the staff editor and just add the title or initals after their name. So much easier that way, and much more optional/adjustable.

This is an option yes but would require not just editing names but creating custom units with custom aarr.

• To add on to what Vic said. An idea which has been pitched to the devs as part of a larger QoL update pack is to have tags that a user can create and then assign to staff called rank tags. So I could create a sub officer tag for example and then I can select all the staff who I want to have that tag at stations.

Whether these will or will not have additional perks when added is unknown although they probably won’t but it’s something to be considered.

And then as mentioned about we do want to have levels 1 to 4 for officers in the fire service as this is important to how fire services operate. Same has having a couple types of ambulance officer and then sergeant and inspector ranks for police.

• I think something that could go along with this is the ability to group staff within a station to a platoon or shift system. Its not something that is needed for the game by any means but for those that want to use that kind of detail it would be nice to be able to assign people in a station to an apparatus and a shift and have the ability to create a shift calendar so the same people could work together at the same time? I know its a lot and not really needed but it is just an idea. Otherwise it seems kind of pointless to me to even have the ability to add staff to a station. Then again I am playing a realistic north american style were a firehouse has 1 or 2 companies at most.

• I think something that could go along with this is the ability to group staff within a station to a platoon or shift system. Its not something that is needed for the game by any means but for those that want to use that kind of detail it would be nice to be able to assign people in a station to an apparatus and a shift and have the ability to create a shift calendar so the same people could work together at the same time? I know its a lot and not really needed but it is just an idea. Otherwise it seems kind of pointless to me to even have the ability to add staff to a station. Then again I am playing a realistic north american style were a firehouse has 1 or 2 companies at most.

This is the UK sub forum however I still like the idea of a shift system, which has been mentioned in detail on other threads on UK & US forum discussions. For some people, I’m sure this would be too complex or unwanted, but I hope enough of the player base is keen that the devs at least consider it.

• Shift/Watch system would be great to have in game, including making use of RDS and volunteer responses.

It would make it more of a challange for those that want it however for it to work would need staff hiring changed too.

• That also has been included in these QoL updates that I talked about. If I get chance and remember I will go over it at the weekend in a short post on here

I think a lot of people would be very keen to hear the suggested details.

I also think that a hell of a lot of people are very grateful for the time and effort you put into the forum and communication with the devs. Without you, this game may well have turned out very differently to the way it is today. So thanks for that, on behalf of everyone that agrees with me!

• Sounds interesting. Academy's would need to be easier to build if this were to involve training though.

Academies are easily built, yes expensive but that's where you plan finances for including them.

I dont think it should need training. Like every 3 police stations a sgt every 5 a inspector

Training should be required it would be unrealistic to have no training for this. Plus what you have suggested wouldn't really work especially for players with large setups. They would most likely be looking to have multiple of each in each station to help with efficiency.

Also if the shift system was to come in everyone would be screwed with your suggestion.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!