water rescue

• Area dependant, common for fire service water rescue units to also be at small stations. Some small stations also have a combined water/cliff rescue resource such as a 4x4 or van and boat trailer.

That's why I specified for SFRS, almost every station with Water Rescue here is fairly large or at least above average. If you read above you will also see I understand in some other regions within the UK it works differently and that because of that it's not really my place to talk.

• That's why I specified for SFRS, almost every station with Water Rescue here is fairly large or at least above average. If you read above you will also see I understand in some other regions within the UK it works differently and that because of that it's not really my place to talk.

I read above posts on threads before commenting.

I was just commenting on the small fire stations and how where I am they often have dual purpose vehicles such as water/cliff.

• So in terms of HART/SORT and water rescue..

HART are not a dedicated rescue service, in the event of water/cliff/mud rescue they would simply embed themselves into rescue teams from Fire, HMCG, Lowland SAR etc.

So a lot of players are from Scotland, myself included, and throughout Scotland there are 3 SORT (Scottish equivalent to HART) Water Rescue Units. These are based in places which have a high number of players in game (Johnstone (Glasgow), Newbridge (Edinburgh) and Aberdeen. I don't see why these couldn't be included as an optional requirement for water rescue missions, maybe coming with an extension similar to the Mass Casualty Equipment. It also adds more vehicles for players to use and just more variety in general.

• But the argument of a lot of players are from Scotland doesn’t work, otherwise we would be basing this game of London (something I actively try and avoid as best as possible) as this is where the majority of players who play this game are based.

I won’t rule out HART having a water rescue role in the future, in the same way I won’t rule out Mountain Rescue, Search and Rescue and Coastguard also having a role. But when it gets added, it will most likely only be for fire at the start until these other assets are added as fire are the primary provider of water rescue and flood response.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!