Can we have the option disable type 3's being used as a primary engine?

• As the title says, can we have a checkbox on the type 3 engine's to disable them counting as a type 1? I say a checkbox because some type 3's are primary engines, but the majority aren't, just something small which avoids using ARRs and a confusing mess.

• Unfortunately I disagree. There may be a way to fix that by making new vehicle aar categories but as far as confusing other newer players on the type 3’s use would be sufficient to disagree with this idea. I know it may be annoying sometimes but I would keep it how it is. Unlike the motor officer and pd car the type 3 engine and a type one engine have no disadvantages besides the type 3 being a woodland unit. The motor motorcycle cannot transport which is the main reason why it is separated.

• If it is primarily an engine just build it as a type one then...

No because it's also a brush engine, so that wouldn't work. Rural areas for example some stations where I've built have type 3's as their primary engines.

Unfortunately I disagree. There may be a way to fix that by making new vehicle aar categories but as far as confusing other newer players on the type 3’s use would be sufficient to disagree with this idea. I know it may be annoying sometimes but I would keep it how it is. Unlike the motor officer and pd car the type 3 engine and a type one engine have no disadvantages besides the type 3 being a woodland unit. The motor motorcycle cannot transport which is the main reason why it is separated.

No you don't understand what I'm saying, read the main post again. I asked for A CHECKBOX, that is left UNCHECKED by default causing the type 3 to still act as a type 1, but as soon as you check that checkbox, it makes it so it's only a type 3 and DOESN'T respond as a type 1. The way they've done the wildland ARR as it is, is messy and is quite frankly more confusing than what I'm suggesting.

• No I read correctly. It confuses people to why there is a checkbox. It is a combo unit. I don’t think checkboxes would be appropriate for Quints and rescue engines which is why I disagree with the implementation to the type 3 engine.

• No I read correctly. It confuses people to why there is a checkbox. It is a combo unit. I don’t think checkboxes would be appropriate for Quints and rescue engines which is why I disagree with the implementation to the type 3 engine.

Yeah BUT there are a few type 3 engines that dont have structural engine capabilitys, might be somthing for wildfire part 3 or somthing with wild fire storm, wildfire in small stations and ATV. For your list JerseyBirds

It confuses nobody, not all type 3's serve as primary engines. Why should I have to do something confusing compared to something that makes complete sense? You wouldn't do it with a quint or rescue engine because you already have it lol, quint is just a platform, so you just buy that etc, what you're trying to compare doesn't make sense.

• It confuses nobody, not all type 3's serve as primary engines. Why should I have to do something confusing compared to something that makes complete sense? You wouldn't do it with a quint or rescue engine because you already have it lol, quint is just a platform, so you just buy that etc, what you're trying to compare doesn't make sense.

The thing with rescue engines and Quints is they both have the base vehicles however there's only 1 type 3 but that's a double unit,. You could use a type 4 or somthing but knowing wizz he would probably rather jump of a cliff then do that 😂

Edit:Sorry I replied to wizz not weeman sorry wizz

• The thing with rescue engines and Quints is they both have the base vehicles however there's only 1 type 3 but that's a double unit,. You could use a type 4 or somthing but knowing wizz he would probably rather jump of a cliff then do that 😂

Edit:Sorry I replied to wizz not weeman sorry wizz

It'll do my head in if I use a type 4 knowing it has to be a type 3 haha :D

• I’ve mentioned this before when they created the units. Majority of type 3’s in my area function solely as woodland units, not as a typical type 1 engine. So that’s why it would help. I had to create a new category in the ARR just so I could stop it, but now they don’t count towards the wild land unit option in the ARR.

• Are you guys building realistically? If not just buy a different unit! If you are building realistically I do admit it might be an issue at first but once you have quite a few woodland stations and units you will have more resources and less problems because it is not a current issue for my California operations.

• Are you guys building realistically? If not just buy a different unit! If you are building realistically I do admit it might be an issue at first but once you have quite a few woodland stations and units you will have more resources and less problems because it is not a current issue for my California operations.

as mentioned wizz is fully realistic (with the expection of squads being HRU not ems rescues) and it would drive him insane putting a type 4

• as mentioned wizz is fully realistic (with the expection of squads being HRU not ems rescues) and it would drive him insane putting a type 4

I don't mind changing them, but they carry 500 gallons :/ type 4 only carries like 50 lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!