Vehicle crews

• Today I noticed that my engine, rescue engine, and ladder trucks have their crew sizes increased. Was this intended? Is it a hiccup? I sure don't like it because I can't think of an engine in the world that has a crew of 10 or a ladder truck with a crew of 6. That is what I am seeing in my stations.

• I don’t know much about this change as I’m focused on the U.K. side more now, however I believe this was only a change to the max slots not the minimum so you should be able to run a truck with 4

• I don’t know much about this change as I’m focused on the U.K. side more now, however I believe this was only a change to the max slots not the minimum so you should be able to run a truck with 4

You can go back and adjust them, but I have 100's of vehicles affected by this that I am going to have to go find and correct. I guess the point is, what did they do this for other than people complained they couldn't finish missions fast enough so add more crew, instead of sending more trucks. The fact they changed it is meaningless since I wouldn't change anything, but the change impacted vehicles already in the game is the real issue.

• Due to the negative feedback, the devs decided to reverse the crew count change, however they are

Considering delaying updates for the US game to add higher crew level vehicles in. Honestly I think it was better to just change your maximum crew of you vehicle back to what it was than to try and get them to reverse it as it may have just caused a bigger problem and pushed things down the line.

This change was added into the game for realism purposes not for the fast competition of missions. For example, the FDNY run 6 man trucks.

• Tracfan, I didn't have a problem with them raising the allowed crew number, the fact that it randomly pushed the number up on engines already in the game was an issue. Having 6 guys on a heavy rescue is realistic, putting 10 on an engine, never seen an engine so big that 10 men could ride in it. If the change had just raised the number of crew allowing the player to change them, that would have been fine. In fact, more crew on the ladder and heavy rescue is nice. It's how it was implemented that really was the issue.

• Having 6 guys on a heavy rescue is realistic, putting 10 on an engine, never seen an engine so big that 10 men could ride in it.

I only know of 1 truck cab that can hold 10 people, Pierce Quantum cabs, but I have never seen a configuration of it that does. Having seen cabs of it that hold 8, I can only imagine that in real life 10 would only be possible if you were running it clean cab.

• We Do have Engines, Rescues, and Ladders in Minnesota that will seat up to 10-12 Members. Not every single unit does. But I know of 1 Engine, 1 Ladder, and 1 Heavy Rescue on Volunteer Departments that will seat that many.

and they are no Quantum's

Pierce Lance does Make a Larger Cab for rigs as well.

The Engine is a Spartan Toyne

The Rescue is a E-One Hush

The Ladder is a Spartan/LTI

I know we have some larger Pierce Lance Cabs not sure which is the largest Engines or Ladders

• Yep my department has room for 8 on all frontline engines the reserve engine has room for 10 and our tower has room for 8 our rescue has room for 10 aswell the only one changed that I did not have to up (of which I had to do all manually) was our stick it’s has only room for 6 but yes you stand corrected

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!