Stand alone ER (Emergency rooms)

• Something I am seeing built more of around here is the stand-alone ER. They handle most things a hospital ER handles the biggest exception is you can't stay overnight. They are the "triage" for a hospital. They stabilize and treat patients from car accidents, gunshot victims, work, and home accidents. If the patient is going to need follow on care, once he is stabilized, he is sent to a hospital.

We already have the clinics, we would just add trauma and make it so you would choose between general or trauma. It could be used to generate a patient transfer.

• It's a pretty complicated thing. Many people are grazing the top of the surface, it sounds good and it is realistic. I myself have seen many standalone ER's especially in smaller cities and rural areas. However, this would be a very wasteful update. I am sure as much as we all like the idea that it would probraly never be used in many peoples' set ups.

The great debate is ER's or trauma center levels. We could add a "ER" add 5 additional beds to the capacity of any medical facility you expand it to. But who would they treat? People that randomly walk into the hospital?

A trauma update with the three levels of care would be nice. trauma 1 can be clinics and 2-3 is hospitals. I love the idea of more air med utilization and I would make it so you can unlock 1-2 at a hospital and trauma 1 at a clinic with money but limit trauma 3 level hospitals to the amount of hospitals you have in your operations. The expansions will be a little costly but have to make up for it with air med transports. Maybe charging per km it travels as I know there is a km tracker for the vehicles in this game that may be possible.

A little much but this is a tree of how I feel like it could work.

Air Med Station - Clinic or T1 Clinic

Clinic or T1 Clinic - T2 H

Clinic or T1 Clinic - T3 H

Air Med Station - Clinic - T3 H

Air Med Station - T1 H - T2 H

Air Med Station - T2 H - T3 H

Trauma Medical Incident - Any Trauma Facility

I would say most patients with the trauma need will spawn with the level already posted but once they arrive they can be upgraded so that they will need a land or air transfer to the next facility.

In my conclusion I would highlight trauma as being the better update for being more extensive and less confusing. Just my ideas and I would definitely like to see this in a future medical facilities update.

• I don't understand the phrase you use WinWin.

However, this would be a very wasteful update

This could be put in with any upcoming update, it would be literally a few lines of code. When somebody builds a clinic, allow them to add a trauma unit or a general internal. If it's a trauma unit you increase the chance of generating a patient transfer. What you laid out is more realistic and probably a stand-alone update. Mine is simple and simply adds a new building that is being used more and more in the real world.

• I don't understand the phrase you use WinWin.

This could be put in with any upcoming update, it would be literally a few lines of code. When somebody builds a clinic, allow them to add a trauma unit or a general internal. If it's a trauma unit you increase the chance of generating a patient transfer. What you laid out is more realistic and probably a stand-alone update. Mine is simple and simply adds a new building that is being used more and more in the real world.

Unfortunately you did take my words out of context. In your feedback to my post you are adding to trauma center levels just like what i was suggesting just more comprehensively. Because of lack of setting the ER expansion that was also proposed I thought would be a waste. I think it would be hard to add and a trauma update would be far better than a standalone ER. I think the picture of this is misconstrued. My idea of a standalone ER is a medical facility with only one department and that is the emergency room. smaller than a clinic found actually pretty popular in more rural areas. Your idea of the ER is the clinic.

I myself have seen many standalone ER's especially in smaller cities and rural areas. However, this would be a very wasteful update.

This is what my statement did say in the full sentence form. By giving only a small fraction of what I said definitely gave the wrong mindset and incorrect information of what I had said. I hope this clears the air though and I do like the idea of having trauma care although I do feel like the more comprehensive update is the way to go.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!