• Hi, just a bit confused I don’t know if I’ve missed something?

I recently got the HART base, got all my staff trained and got the vehicles etc, I’ve switched it on but I’m not getting any calls requiring it. Do you just use it as you see fit or something?

• Hi, just a bit confused I don’t know if I’ve missed something?

I recently got the HART base, got all my staff trained and got the vehicles etc, I’ve switched it on but I’m not getting any calls requiring it. Do you just use it as you see fit or something?

Once you've switched it on you should get calls that require HART - as long as you have enough stations to fulfil the requirements of the calls pre-HART

• It dosen't need HART? I always deploy HART there as I saw a ambulance documentry where HART AND HEMS rrv was deployed.

Every ambulance control room has a Trauma Desk who look for calls and assess whether advanced paramedics, HEMS etc is required. And then obviously clinicians on scene can specifically request it. But any incident which had a complex rescue or a hazardous area or even just to help with numbers, HART goes to.

I deploy resources which aren’t necessary most of the time for example a child locked in a car required a fire engine and sometimes an ambulance when realistically the police would definitely be called.

• It dosen't need HART? I always deploy HART there as I saw a ambulance documentry where HART AND HEMS rrv was deployed.

Not always required, many things are taken into consideration like PT condition, run time for HART, resources going and many more.

Every ambulance control room has a Trauma Desk who look for calls and assess whether advanced paramedics, HEMS etc is required. And then obviously clinicians on scene can specifically request it. But any incident which had a complex rescue or a hazardous area or even just to help with numbers, HART goes to.

I deploy resources which aren’t necessary most of the time for example a child locked in a car required a fire engine and sometimes an ambulance when realistically the police would definitely be called.

Not every ambulance control room has a trauma desk, I think that's specific to certain trusts.

Depending on area HART may be routinely dispatched however in my experience more often than not the fire service are dispatched instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!