New Units and missions

• I know this has been brought up so many times, but I have been thinking.
    For fire department
    Rescue Engine-Cost $15,000-Can handle rescue and engine calls
    USAR-Cost $20,000-Need to go to school for search and rescue-Needed for trench rescues,Building collapses
    Traffic Unit- Cost $10,000-Needed for the sporting events, road incidents, Major fires and police events
    Brush unit- Cost $11,000- Needed for Brush,shrub,field fires and wild fires

For EMS
    ALS Ambulance-Cost $7,000-Needed for cardiac and other sever medical calls
    Corner-Cost $10,000-Certain calls' patient dies and needs the corner
    BLS- Needs the fly car to transport some calls that are high risk, and needs the medic/paramedic

For Police
    Arson Investigator-Cost $8,000-Needs to go to school-Needed for larger fires
    K-9-Cost $7,000-Needed for large scale police incidents, escaped prisoner
    Tow trucks-Cost $50,000 to expand or $75,000 for a building- works just like hospitals and jail-Missions repo cars, Broken down cars, MVA's

MISSIONS
    Fire Department
    Large Field Fire- Needed units- 3 Engines, 1-2 Brush trucks, 2 Tankers, 1 Chief
    Large Wild Fire- Needed units-4 Engines,3-4 brush trucks,3-4 Tankers,2 Chiefs,1 Air/Mask Truck, Sometime a mobile Command Post
    Fire Alarms-Needed units-2 Engines-1 Truck, Maybe the Chief- Can Become a false alarm, or be upgraded to a fire
    Mass Casualty Events- Needed units-4 Engines, 3 Utilities, 4 Rescues, 10 ambulances,2 Fly cars, 1 Mobile Command Posts,2-3 Chiefs
    2nd alarms fires- 3-4 engines,1-2 Tucks, 1 air truck, 1 Ambulance, 1 Police

And Im sure there is much, much more that can be done.

• I like the idea, i just think police should have the traffic unit and fire should have the investigation van

• I'd have to agree with TACRfan. Police are more likely to have Detectives investigate their fires, than a dedicated arson unit. That may be a detective subunit though. For the other units:

USAR: Rename your heavy rescue and it's USAR.
    Rescue Engine: Proposed before, may be added as a reward unit.
    Traffic Unit: Maybe, I know Fire Police is a thing in some areas, the team could look into it.
    Brush Unit: Possibly in the future

ALS/BLS could be added in the future as well.

Detective, EOD, and K9 could be future PD units. Tow trucks may fall under the THW department if that is added.

• THW is what? I dont get that one, and what about the calls?

THW is like FEMA for Germany, but we've interpreted it to include public works as well. There are currently no units under that section. I don't see any major issues with the calls

take the fire traffic unit and thd tow truck and make it into the THW or city works
    The rescue engine should be like the quint
    The type 2 engine is a brush unit (but the crew limit needs to be 6 not 3)

• I would like to just point out that over here in the united states Arson investigation is done by fire department officials very and I mean very rarely will police ever do arson investigation over here now taking it from my area fire investigation is done by us firefighters after we clear the scene and or determine the cause is arson we hand it over to the State Fire Marshal and they will do their investigation and determine the exact cause. If it turns out to be arson then they will work with police to do some testing samples (if you ever watched a crime show you know what I'm talking about) and if they find the person the Fire Marshal arrests the suspects involved with it. The only time I can think of police actually getting involved with fire investigation is when there has been a body discovered and if they think it's a possible Homicide, Murder, or Crime Scene like maybe a drug lab exploded , found or something like that.

• I would like to just point out that over here in the united states Arson investigation is done by fire department officials very and I mean very rarely will police ever do arson investigation over here now taking it from my area fire investigation is done by us firefighters after we clear the scene and or determine the cause is arson we hand it over to the State Fire Marshal and they will do their investigation and determine the exact cause. If it turns out to be arson then they will work with police to do some testing samples (if you ever watched a crime show you know what I'm talking about) and if they find the person the Fire Marshal arrests the suspects involved with it. The only time I can think of police actually getting involved with fire investigation is when there has been a body discovered and if they think it's a possible Homicide, Murder, or Crime Scene like maybe a drug lab exploded , found or something like that.

This is exactly how the UK operates to. Once the fire is out a team searches what is left to find out what happened. Recently we have started using drones to enter building that are still unsafe to enter. Also traffic units are normally done by police in the UK but they can also respond to normal calls such as shoplifting. Tow trucks are run by non emergency services who the police call to recover any vehicles. As you call them ALS they are already in the game so no change there. Out of the list I only like the sound of a rescue tender and K9. The rest are already in game or are not needed. 2nd alarms would also be classed as the missions expanding from say room fire to industrial fire.

• This is exactly how the UK operates to. Once the fire is out a team searches what is left to find out what happened. Recently we have started using drones to enter building that are still unsafe to enter. Also traffic units are normally done by police in the UK but they can also respond to normal calls such as shoplifting. Tow trucks are run by non emergency services who the police call to recover any vehicles. As you call them ALS they are already in the game so no change there. Out of the list I only like the sound of a rescue tender and K9. The rest are already in game or are not needed. 2nd alarms would also be classed as the missions expanding from say room fire to industrial fire.

In the U.K. at any Arson the police own the scene and criminal investigation. It's usually that the police forensic officer liases with the fire investigator to collate an evidential report.
    It's interesting that over the pond fire have investigative and arrest powers!

• In the U.K. at any Arson the police own the scene and criminal investigation. It's usually that the police forensic officer liases with the fire investigator to collate an evidential report.It's interesting that over the pond fire have investigative and arrest powers!

I find it interesting to but I think it's so it can take some workload off of the officers backs. I mean the Fire Marshal can even arrest you for lets say you gave someone a match book and that person you gave the match book sets a school on fire then they can arrest you for conspiring to commit to Arson if they trace that match book right back to you, because you gave them a match book and they just set a school on fire using it.

• That is not always true. Fire Marshalls are not part of American firefighting in many places. In fact there is only a small handful of depts around here and in a few more in the country that even operate that way. In most of the country it's a police investigator, or fire investigator supplied by the county, state, police dept whatever, the fire coordinators, and the fire chiefs that do the fire investigations with any arrests done by actual police officers. Fire Investigation is most times a joint effort of the police and fire aspects of emergency services. Also a Type 2 is not a Brush Truck, a brush truck is actually a Type 6 if you live in an area that uses those type designations, most places don't, they just call them by name. A type 2 is I believe a 2-door Pumper which coincides with the staffing of 3 which is the most an enclosed cab 2-door can have. Fly Cars shouldn't be needed for certain calls because they have 2 purposes in real life.
    1. BLS First Response from a FD or EMS agency to a scene to handle the on scene duties until an ambulance arrives.
    2. Providing a paramedic to a non-Paramedic ambulance for calls that involve cardiac, IVs, respiratory distress, etc.
    The 3rd is not as common but some EMS agencies have a supervisor, chief or line officer that responds to calls with ambulances in the district. USAR we really need some options before they could implement that because Urban Search & Rescue is not used in a rural setting, it's completely different. district boundaries and fire hydrants are the main thing we need right now along with the ability to train employees to different levels of EMS care, whether that be all 6 in NY, or the 5 in other states or 4 whatever.

• That is not always true. Fire Marshalls are not part of American firefighting in many places. In fact there is only a small handful of depts around here and in a few more in the country that even operate that way. In most of the country it's a police investigator, or fire investigator supplied by the county, state, police dept whatever, the fire coordinators, and the fire chiefs that do the fire investigations with any arrests done by actual police officers. Fire Investigation is most times a joint effort of the police and fire aspects of emergency services. Also a Type 2 is not a Brush Truck, a brush truck is actually a Type 6 if you live in an area that uses those type designations, most places don't, they just call them by name. A type 2 is I believe a 2-door Pumper which coincides with the staffing of 3 which is the most an enclosed cab 2-door can have. Fly Cars shouldn't be needed for certain calls because they have 2 purposes in real life.
    1. BLS First Response from a FD or EMS agency to a scene to handle the on scene duties until an ambulance arrives.
    2. Providing a paramedic to a non-Paramedic ambulance for calls that involve cardiac, IVs, respiratory distress, etc.
    The 3rd is not as common but some EMS agencies have a supervisor, chief or line officer that responds to calls with ambulances in the district. USAR we really need some options before they could implement that because Urban Search & Rescue is not used in a rural setting, it's completely different. district boundaries and fire hydrants are the main thing we need right now along with the ability to train employees to different levels of EMS care, whether that be all 6 in NY, or the 5 in other states or 4 whatever.

Interesting about type 2 and 6 units. For now I think we should use Type 2 fire engines as brush truck and then when we get some more wildfire type calls then add brush trucks.

I also think as we are talking about brush units there should be 2 types: the first one would be the 2-3 crewed type and the second would be a multi role vehicle that combines a type 1 with a brush enabling it to deal with both Calls that require either unit.

In regards to USAR it's interesting to hear that they only operate in cities, here in my county in the UK USAR go wherever they are needed.

• Well, USAR stands for Urban Search and Rescue

I know but here they go to anything that requires a search and/or rescue team. I know a few years back there was an gas explosion at a farm house and they attended to shore up the building and carry out search operations and this was 35-40 miles from the nearest city, the team here is not even based in a city. Recently there was a storm surge and they went and where on standby at the coast in case they were needed. The problem is they are part of the UKs national resilience program and not every county has a USAR team so these guys could be called to attend anywhere in the country.

• the two australian fire trucks come under the NSW Rural Fire Service classifications which makes the large one a type 1 appliance and the small one a type 7 appliance here there is the NSW Fire Rescue (full time state owned) and tge NSW Rural Fire Service(volunteer state owned) that doth have different classifications

Could have changed now the NSW Fire Rescue did some changes like 6 months ago todo with unit classifications and that

• the two australian fire trucks come under the NSW Rural Fire Service classifications which makes the large one a type 1 appliance and the small one a type 7 appliance here there is the NSW Fire Rescue (full time state owned) and tge NSW Rural Fire Service(volunteer state owned) that doth have different classifications
    Could have changed now the NSW Fire Rescue did some changes like 6 months ago todo with unit classifications and that

Interesting, I did not know that. I was just trying to find pictures of wildfire Fire trucks from around the world. The problem I was seeing with having only brush trucks is if you take my set up for example the counties I cover don't use any pick up type brush trucks, they use the MAN truck that I posted in a picture which is 4x4 but it also can attend other incidents such as RTC's and fires that are not in a rural setting, and that's my problem, if they were to add only the pickup style that would only be for wildfires I would loose about 25-30 type 1 engines from my fleet of vehicles. This isn't just a problem for me but small pickup truck style units are not common here, the only one I know of is the one I posted which is the Hampshire fire and rescue Land Rover, that's why I think there should be the crossover truck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!