Highways Agency

• My other question is would PCSOs be in game so they can deal with shop lifing calls, drunk people, noise complaints , community engagement etc ?

Could just be my force but we don't send PCSOs to some of those jobs, for the 3 apart from community engagement , we would typically send 1/2 of us who have powers of arrest should the situation warrant it. We also have more powers and methods of dealing with people compared to PCSOs. Community engagement is mainly done by PCSO's in my force however its all our jobs to have good community engagement as "the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence." Quoting Robert Peel the father of modern policing in the UK, so I like the idea, I think missions such as ASB or speed camera setups could be a good way to make use of PCSOs but a bit like some of the up coming medical units, I think it would work better as a nice to have optional rather than a must have.

• Could just be my force but we don't send PCSOs to some of those jobs, for the 3 apart from community engagement , we would typically send 1/2 of us who have powers of arrest should the situation warrant it. We also have more powers and methods of dealing with people compared to PCSOs. Community engagement is mainly done by PCSO's in my force however its all our jobs to have good community engagement as "the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence." Quoting Robert Peel the father of modern policing in the UK, so I like the idea, I think missions such as ASB or speed camera setups could be a good way to make use of PCSOs but a bit like some of the up coming medical units, I think it would work better as a nice to have optional rather than a must have.

Oh in Kent I've seen PCSOs respond to those kinds of calls especially if they are on foot patrol, I've even seen one turn up to a RTC as they saw it happen in front of them like They often patrol the high street on foot double crewed, they can fine people they also do this thing were they have radar guns and they catch speeders give the licence and model to a IRV or Traffic Car to pull them over I would know as I got caught by this 😅😂 Maybe give like a 500-1000 pay bonus for using the PCSO unit which should be like 2500 credits and there could be a fun community engagement call or a police open day sort of thing

• Oh in Kent I've seen PCSOs respond to those kinds of calls especially if they are on foot patrol, I've even seen one turn up to a RTC as they saw it happen in front of them like They often patrol the high street on foot double crewed, they can fine people they also do this thing were they have radar guns and they catch speeders give the licence and model to a IRV or Traffic Car to pull them over I would know as I got caught by this 😅😂 Maybe give like a 500-1000 pay bonus for using the PCSO unit which should be like 2500 credits and there could be a fun community engagement call or a police open day sort of thing

In my force PCSOs tend to just do scene guards or community policing rather than any jobs that come through to the control room however should they see one happen in front of them then its fair game and they do that they deem is appropriate in the situations considering they only have a vest and a radio.

You are correct ASB is shorthand for Anti Social Behavior

• In my force PCSOs tend to just do scene guards or community policing rather than any jobs that come through to the control room however should they see one happen in front of them then its fair game and they do that they deem is appropriate in the situations considering they only have a vest and a radio.

You are correct ASB is shorthand for Anti Social Behavior

Oh here ours have pepper spray (so it saves response officers for more urgent calls) they tend to respond to stuff on the high street as they patrol there (if it's like a Brawl or somthing they send response officers as well, like shoplifters they tend to fine them depending on the amount of goods and there worth they can be arrested and the PCSOs call for response officers, they also help vulnerable people in the community, calling other services to help them E.g. Mental Health services or Homeless people agency's etc

• Neither HMCG or RNLI will be in the game. Lifeboats and coastguard will but no real names haha.

On a serious though, yes at some point but not yet.

As for PCSO’s, no, just designate some of your cars PCSO cars. There are some forces who don’t have PCSO’s anymore strangely.

• Neither HMCG or RNLI will be in the game. Lifeboats and coastguard will but no real names haha.

On a serious though, yes at some point but not yet.

As for PCSO’s, no, just designate some of your cars PCSO cars. There are some forces who don’t have PCSO’s anymore strangely.

At first I was like WHAT then I read some more and I realised 😂

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!