​Alarm and Response Regulations Quint Bug

• Alarm and Response Regulations are not recognising Quint's Ability to function as both engine and platform properly and always sends platform trucks (if available) even if quints are also attending and covered off the platform requirement too.

Example: Roof Fire
    ARR - 3 trucks, 1 chief and 1 platform
    Dispatches - 2 trucks, 1 quint, 1 platform and 1 chief
    Should only be 2 trucks, 1 quint and 1 chief

• He has a good point. I've had this, and I don't like having to manually deselect. My guess is that it first selects the amount of engines, then the amount of ladders needed because if I select the "Firetruck" tab it will show 4 quints as being selected (representing the engines), it will skip a type one, then select 1-2 more quints (representing the ladders) and an additional platform that is also in the area even though it's not needed.

• It's because the quint counts as both a ladder and a type 1. It would not make sense to have a quint bracket in the regulations because then a quint would not be dispatched to supplement either a ladder or an engine

• It's because the quint counts as both a ladder and a type 1. It would not make sense to have a quint bracket in the regulations because then a quint would not be dispatched to supplement either a ladder or an engine

Exactly but the method of choosing engines and platforms needs to change to factor in you need Less Platforms/Engines depending on how many quints you have attending.

• Think of it as the way a CAD would process it. Our county has ladder trucks with pumps, but they still are defined in the CAD as a ladder. You simply cannot define an apparatus to fill in as two different apparatus. We got dispatched to a building and had a rescue and an engine from a mutual aid company because our engine's generator was out of service. Computers have gotten better but they don't think like we do.

• Think of it as the way a CAD would process it. Our county has ladder trucks with pumps, but they still are defined in the CAD as a ladder. You simply cannot define an apparatus to fill in as two different apparatus. We got dispatched to a building and had a rescue and an engine from a mutual aid company because our engine's generator was out of service. Computers have gotten better but they don't think like we do.

The Alarm and Response Regulations in the game see a quint as a type 1 engine or Platform truck and not just as a platform truck though. It dispatches them to act in either function but on scene it will count as a Type 1 and a platform and function in both roles. The Alarm and Response Regulations don't account for this and results in either an extra type 1 engine or an extra platform truck arriving on scene. Quick fix would be to count the quint as Platform truck in the Alarm and Response Regulations function and in that case you'll know as a player that you'll always end up with an extra type 1 engine being selected which i can deselect at dispatch.

• I see where you are coming from but unsure if the way the alarm and response regs work it'll be able to work it out in such detail without a significant rehaul of the system.

To get the Quint, a dual purpose vehicle we had to convince Sebastian such vehicle was required. The Alarm and Response regulations was never designed to encorporate a dual purpose vehicle.

Seeing this is the first time the issues been raised I can't see it being looked at as a huge priority, when it doesn't completely stop gameplay. I'll see what we can do though.

• I see where you are coming from but unsure if the way the alarm and response regs work it'll be able to work it out in such detail without a significant rehaul of the system.

To get the Quint, a dual purpose vehicle we had to convince Sebastian such vehicle was required. The Alarm and Response regulations was never designed to encorporate a dual purpose vehicle.

Seeing this is the first time the issues been raised I can't see it being looked at as a huge priority, when it doesn't completely stop gameplay. I'll see what we can do though.

Thank You. I've only stating using the feature when i seen the development news on it which caught my attention and thought i would raise it since they were looking at that area of the game at the time. The feature saves alot of time at dispatch but this issue causes it to be not so time saving with me having to work out what role the quint is being sent for then deselect the not required units. Ill be able to negate the issue by buying more Quint vehicles where at that point it won't matter if its extra cause ill always have more to disptach elsewhere.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!