DIscussion on the fees we collect for transporting patients.

• Looking at my game this morning I realized we are not really getting anything close to what we should be getting for ambulance services. I did an easy search for user fees charged by counties here in FL.

Pasco County (just north of Clearwater)

Transport Fees (effective 10/1/2021)

Service TypeRate
    ALS Level 1 Transport Services (A0426) (ALS Unit and Assessment/Scheduled Transport)$1,277.76
    ALS Level 1 Emergency Services (A0427) (ALS Unit and Assessment and/or 1 or more ALS Interventions)$1,277.76
    ALS Level 2 Emergency Services (A0433) (ALS Unit and Assessment/3 Medications/Minimum of 1 ALS intervention)$1,490.72
    Mileage (Per Mile)$15.71
    Wait Time (Per 1/2 hour increments)$60.00
    Rescue/Home Assistance (Patient refused transport)$75.00

Special Events

Service TypeRate
    Dedicated ALS Standby (1 ALS Ambulance, 1 Paramedic, 1 EMT, 3 Hour Minimum$180.00
    Dedicated BLS Standby (1 BLS Ambulance, 2 EMTs, 3 Hour Minimum$130.00
    Dedicated Paramedic Standby (1 Paramedic, 3 Hour Minimum)$90.00
    Dedicated Supervisory Standby (As Required, includes operating costs of supervisory vehicle)$90.00

City of Orlando is not so bad:

BLS 500.00 Non-emergency

550.00 emergency

ALS 1 600.00 Non-emergency

650.00 emergency

ALS 2 800.00

SPECIALTY CARE (SCT) (CRITICAL CARE) TRANSPORT FEE 1125.00

I really believe a review of how much money is paid for the missions on the US server is warranted.

Thanks

• Put the data out there to show how little money we get for transporting patients from a mission or even just a transport missions. This amount should be increased by how much, I would say at least 50% more than we are getting now.

How exactly would this "unbalance" the game?

• Put the data out there to show how little money we get for transporting patients from a mission or even just a transport missions. This amount should be increased by how much, I would say at least 50% more than we are getting now.

If you want to increase patient payout, don't try to base it on realistic costs when nothing else in the game is based on realism - fire engines don't cost $5k etc, why would transporting 5 patients equate to a fire engine? The payout is low because all costs ingame are reduced.

The only way I see the transport payout being increased is if the patient treatment w/o transport is decreased. If you want to talk about realism, most cities in US do not charge for services unless the patient is transported (which is why the costs are so high - to recoup the costs associated with treating for free).

In game patients are definitely a substantial source of revenue/income, increasing the revenue would definitely throw off the balance of the game. Lets assume the revenue was increased to 1,000 credits. Why would 10 patient transports be equal to a Full Building Collapse, etc.?

I would like to see the revenue increased if transported by helicopter though.

• You spoke of balance, what exactly is balanced? The cost to transport could be increased randomly for the transport calls. It could be anywhere from the 400 we get now to a high of 1000 for the extreme transport like Orlando charges. As far as the treat and transport from mission calls, those could be random for the severity of the patient.

• it is increased if taken by hems

I'm aware. I just think it should be slightly higher for HEMS. Around the 1,000 - 1,250 range.

You spoke of balance, what exactly is balanced? The cost to transport could be increased randomly for the transport calls. It could be anywhere from the 400 we get now to a high of 1000 for the extreme transport like Orlando charges. As far as the treat and transport from mission calls, those could be random for the severity of the patient.

Balanced in the sense that patients currently represent a good credit source but it shouldn't be overwhelmingly an increased source of credits. Other calls requiring single units are typically around 250-600 credits and that is in line with patient transports.

• They are not a good credit source when you consider how little it is. All the calls on the US server are underpaid compared to the UK server. Why? In my mind your argument does not justify the low payments. I have hundreds of stations and when I run missions maybe a third are ambo calls, and maybe 5 - 10 simple transport calls. Increasing that income would be a Godsend to the pittance I get now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!