Scorpion/HRET

• Hi all,

Just wandering what everyone uses for their scorpion/hret appliances. I was thinking of using a CARP as I suppose that would be the closest thing however, the HRET doesn’t provide the ladder function of a normal aerial platform so for some calls it would be unrealistic to be used as a CARP. I might just not use it at all to be honest but if anyone has any ideas?

Also, does CARP just function as a water ladder and an aerial platform or does it function as a rescue as well? Thanks

• I would use a CARP personally. I would set it as it’s own vehicle category and the I would send it to fires requiring an aerial as most of the time an aerial is used as a water tower rather than for rescue at a fire. If it’s a rescue type call requiring a height vehicle then I’d send an actual aerial.

To answer your question about it, no, it only functions as a water ladder and aerial combo.

• I would use a CARP personally. I would set it as it’s own vehicle category and the I would send it to fires requiring an aerial as most of the time an aerial is used as a water tower rather than for rescue at a fire. If it’s a rescue type call requiring a height vehicle then I’d send an actual aerial.

To answer your question about it, no, it only functions as a water ladder and aerial combo.

Ye I think I’ll do that. Thank you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!