Foam update

• Hello all, I hope you enjoy the new content pack. I wanted it to include prime movers and pods as well. I also wanted the foam to be comprehensive and just have a foam requirement rather than a gallon requirement so that you all can set it up realistically in your content areas.

I have asked about the foam extension coming to small stations. - Dev response is that it may be possible when the new feature of extensions for small stations comes out of development.

I have asked about brining the prime movers to small stations. - Dev response, they again probably will but they wanted to add it using the extension system as it works better than the system the German version uses for pods.

Regarding the swap body vehicle, I wanted it to be swap body rather than prime mover so that you can simulate other vehicles around the country, not just prime mover. For example suffolks unimogs have misting, foam, water rescue pods, this allows for that. The misting pod should make the PM act as a L4P

I hope you enjoy, I welcome all comments and feedback. If you use this thread it will be easier to keep track of.

• Looks promising indeed.

It's my social problem, that i couldnt implement these yet.

-I wont upgrade my 2-3slot stations just to have the expansion- i think this small station stuff would

be mandatory for UK, correct me but i think most of the brigades have them in small stations -and not just rurals.

-im not yet understand how/why this specialization became useful if WrC, HVP act similar

-can i have some examples, and how common this CAFS stuff is? Like what appliances should have it etc?

-the unimogs shouldnt fit more as the hvy 4x4 tanker?

cheers.

• Small stations will come eventually but I have no time scale on that.

HVP acts as water carrier at the moment as there is no way of defining a suitable water source for an HVP. It may be required at calls in the future though such as major flooding a where it doesn’t need correct geography.

Some services use CAFS some don’t, some have more than others. For example Suffolk have none but Norfolk have it on several pumps and their heavy rescue pumps.

If it was a unimog like Surrey then the H4T is correct, Suffolks is a swap body vehicle, there are also some other 4x4 vehicles around the country which can have the equipment they carry swapped out.

All in all, this updates pretty decent but I only have one issue (for now):

Why are the extensions so costly? Considering the swap body one's called a parking space I doubt it costs £50k to paint some lines... Just some thoughts.

Extensions aren’t costly. Thinking about it from the game point of view they could have made it 100K as it uses the same extension system as everything else. Also, most stations can’t actually fit a prime mover in them as they are significantly larger than a pump.

• -I couldnt find any info about CAFS for Tyne&Wear, NUmberland,Cumbria - can you help me with this pls?

(i thought using CAFS for the rescue pumps+ERPs, but in this case the small station promlem occur so far.)

-Cumbrias Unimog is a WFU+snow plough so i think the H4T would be more suitable (?)

+1: graphicswise: you have to use an empty PM, and it'll pick up the POD graphic?

• Extensions aren’t costly. Thinking about it from the game point of view they could have made it 100K as it uses the same extension system as everything else. Also, most stations can’t actually fit a prime mover in them as they are significantly larger than a pump.

I'm just gonna put this out there, doesn't mean it has to happen, but there are single pump stations which have PMs and it's honestly just really expensive for that, especially since you have to make it a large station (though that is outwith your control).

Whilst I'm here, I was thinking about the foam system and maybe a gallon/litre system would be better. This would allow you to have more variety in vehicles (small foam carrier, medium foam carrier, etc). Most pumps (where I stay anyways) have between 100 and 150 litres of foam which is kept in a tank or a drum. Just more thoughts.

• -I couldnt find any info about CAFS for Tyne&Wear, NUmberland,Cumbria - can you help me with this pls?

(i thought using CAFS for the rescue pumps+ERPs, but in this case the small station promlem occur so far.)

-Cumbrias Unimog is a WFU+snow plough so i think the H4T would be more suitable (?)

+1: graphicswise: you have to use an empty PM, and it'll pick up the POD graphic?

I’m not sure about CAFS up there sorry. For the unimog I would use H4T as snowplough won’t be added.

Graphics wise I’m not sure

I'm just gonna put this out there, doesn't mean it has to happen, but there are single pump stations which have PMs and it's honestly just really expensive for that, especially since you have to make it a large station (though that is outwith your control).

Whilst I'm here, I was thinking about the foam system and maybe a gallon/litre system would be better. This would allow you to have more variety in vehicles (small foam carrier, medium foam carrier, etc). Most pumps (where I stay anyways) have between 100 and 150 litres of foam which is kept in a tank or a drum. Just more thoughts.

As I said, I have already asked about getting PM’s in small stations and it will be happening when the extension for small stations update is out of development.

We specifically said we don’t want the actually quantities of foam so that players could tailor it to their setups. This gives the players more flexibility.

Is a osu a trio unit?

It is indeed. Hazmat (may change if other levels of hazmat are added), Welfare, and BASU.

As far as i understand, yes trio.

Just noticed a 'normal' welfare vehicle is available in F/s.

But it still needs HART training -isnt this something weird for a pure fire unit?

It’s because it was ported from ambulance to fire, I’ll see if I can get the training removed.

• It’s because it was ported from ambulance to fire, I’ll see if I can get the training removed.

Actually what this Wfr look like for example? If not the BASU-WfR unit -as we have BASU sep. ?

Role like what Salvation Army's units has? (in this case we'll have 3 units just for serving hot drinks :D ) -joke...

• The fact foam in small stations could be a possibility is very useful to me, in Scotland EVERY pump carries foam (around 100-200l) and I really don't want to be paying an extra 100k to expand small stations on top of the 150k foam extension. Glad to see this has been considered

• Actually what this Wfr look like for example? If not the BASU-WfR unit -as we have BASU sep. ?

Role like what Salvation Army's units has? (in this case we'll have 3 units just for serving hot drinks :D ) -joke...

Same role as Salvation Army. Some services have their own welfare vehicles. BASU is for servicing and refilling breathing apparatus.

The fact foam in small stations could be a possibility is very useful to me, in Scotland EVERY pump carries foam (around 100-200l) and I really don't want to be paying an extra 100k to expand small stations on top of the 150k foam extension. Glad to see this has been considered

It probably would have come with small stations if this small station expansion thing was ready but unfortunately it’s not there yet.

• This update was such a welcome surprise, very pleased to see how comprehensive it is, and such a treat to have pods in-game UK-side now!

-I couldnt find any info about CAFS for Tyne&Wear, NUmberland,Cumbria - can you help me with this pls?

Graphics-Wise, I've tested this. Add a PM Graphic to the PM, and a PM Carrying a POD graphic to the pod unit, and when the PM is transporting the POD, it'll only show the POD graphic, when the PM is on it's own, it'll show as a PM only then.

TACRfan You're a legend, the amount of effort you put into this game (UK Especially) is mental, and I can't thank you enough for all you do (and put up with). If possible, would you consider mentioning to the Devs the possibility of a version of the 4x4 water carrier that includes foam? AKA F/WrC 4x4, as is based in Wareham in Dorset (Unimog Chassis fyi).

Also, I've got L4Ps across Devon & Somerset which tow Argocat / Groundhog ATVs for wildfire firefighting - I'd love to use the Misting POD to simulate this, but it means losing the pumping ability of the transport vehicle. Any chance this could be looked into, possibly with some sort of L4P Transporter that can only carry the Misting POD?

• This update was such a welcome surprise, very pleased to see how comprehensive it is, and such a treat to have pods in-game UK-side now!

Graphics-Wise, I've tested this. Add a PM Graphic to the PM, and a PM Carrying a POD graphic to the pod unit, and when the PM is transporting the POD, it'll only show the POD graphic, when the PM is on it's own, it'll show as a PM only then.

Oh, i thought it'd work as the swr boat +l4p.

Why would you send an empty PM to anywhere? It wont be able to unload the POD at site and go for another if im right (sry cant try this yet) ?

• Oh, i thought it'd work as the swr boat +l4p.

Why would you send an empty PM to anywhere? It wont be able to unload the POD at site and go for another if im right (sry cant try this yet) ?

When at scene it can unload the pod - this is an option you can select when editing the vehicle, when sending the vehicle and when vehicle is at scene (So if you set the default to stay at scene, it can still be sent away - this will then allow you to pick up another pod to carry to any incident. When an incident finishes, if the pod does not have a carrier it will show as a transport request, and you can select any PM to take it home, then the PM will return home.

• I agree so much

Also does the Command Pod act as a FO ICCU or both

A 4x4 Foam/ Water Carrier would be nice

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!