Foam update

• you can assign a pod to the PM and then assign staff to the PM that you assigned to the pod.

For Example I have a Hazerdous Material Pod I assigned to a certain Prime mover and then I assign the trained staff to the prime mover

Right, but you have multiple, different PODs and 1 PM for them.

What if you want to send an MDU/MDR (meaning: hazmat) POD, then a HVP?

You'll reassign the personnel? Not very fluent gamewise.

• Right, but you have multiple, different PODs and 1 PM for them.

What if you want to send an MDU/MDR (meaning: hazmat) POD, then a HVP?

You'll reassign the personnel? Not very fluent gamewise.

This is the exact problem I will have unless I train in all 3 needed for the pods.

It's just annoying really. I certainly do not want to have to continually reassign staff which would be more annoying.

Couldn't a more fluid system have been done that would make it easier.

A great update and one that is needed but doesn't seem well executed.

• I’ve asked if CAFS vehicles can be bought in any station but the foam requirements won’t be active until an extension is bought. I’ve also asked for them to consider building more than one extension but this is a long shot

• I’ve asked if CAFS vehicles can be bought in any station but the foam requirements won’t be active until an extension is bought. I’ve also asked for them to consider building more than one extension but this is a long shot

it's OK, my problem is that the foam extension isnt active for small stations (just the others), and if im right this new stuff should incl foam as it is an expansion as well (?).

Until an extension be built? But you can have only 1 in a small station, so how can i build another +the foam? :/

One expansion/small station is a good start, im not complaining.

edit: actually absolutely no extension is possible now :/

edit2: now its working again

• I will try and get foam added as an option

My local station has a prime mover and a incident support unit what unit would this be a hazamt or a ICCU (pod obviously)

ISU I would use as an OSU in game

Incident Support Unit in Devon & Somerset refers to a BASU unit - so it could likely be that, or an OSU type combination unit

I agree

as far as i know, the hazmat PODs are the MDU/MDRs, but correct me.

MDU is a general decontamination pod, MDD and MDR are specific decontamination pod, and then every service is different and uses them for different things/carries different things.

Could the foam extension be available in small stations, please

I will ask

• As I said in a post above, the HVP may get requirements for things like flooding, but for major fires it’s players discretion.

Honestly I’m not sure, I did just tell them this pod should have this education and then they implemented it the way they did so maybe it’s the only possible way with how they have done it.

Could HVP use POI's? Such as lake, river and new ones such as hydrant points? I understand it would take a bit of work but if players have a lake or hydrant POI then certain missions requiring HVP could generate nearby, meaning it's less of a gimmicky appliance and players will have more of an incentive to train and buy them, other than the possible flood missions.

• Could HVP use POI's? Such as lake, river and new ones such as hydrant points? I understand it would take a bit of work but if players have a lake or hydrant POI then certain missions requiring HVP could generate nearby, meaning it's less of a gimmicky appliance and players will have more of an incentive to train and buy them, other than the possible flood missions.

London has over 180,000 fire hydrants alone, hydrant PoIs won’t work, hydrant maps are also classified on the basis of national security so you will not be able to source that information . Water sources for HVP’s may work but I don’t want to put a requirement for HVP’s as not all counties have one which would cause problems for players with.

It’s also not just about sources, how does the game determine that the call needs an HVP, or a Water carrier, or both.

• just curious how would i implement foam into my stations when all my units carry foam on them?

Edit: Nevermind bought an expansion for a call in one of my fire districts and it sent the apparatus as foam trucks too. So no new additional units needed.

• Could HVP use POI's? Such as lake, river and new ones such as hydrant points? I understand it would take a bit of work but if players have a lake or hydrant POI then certain missions requiring HVP could generate nearby, meaning it's less of a gimmicky appliance and players will have more of an incentive to train and buy them, other than the possible flood missions.

Don't like the idea of restricting calls that use the HVP to places that only have a large body of water.

They can be set up to deliver water to a scene and that can be miles between water source and scene.

• London has over 180,000 fire hydrants alone, hydrant PoIs won’t work, hydrant maps are also classified on the basis of national security so you will not be able to source that information . Water sources for HVP’s may work but I don’t want to put a requirement for HVP’s as not all counties have one which would cause problems for players with.

It’s also not just about sources, how does the game determine that the call needs an HVP, or a Water carrier, or both.

HVP could still act as a water carrier, yet unique missions could generate surrounding POI’s, using some sort of ‘HVP only needed when available’?

Just of the top of my head as an example, ‘Large Field fire near lake- HVPU only required when available’. I also understand that hydrant POI’s is an unconventional POI.

• London has over 180,000 fire hydrants alone, hydrant PoIs won’t work, hydrant maps are also classified on the basis of national security so you will not be able to source that information . Water sources for HVP’s may work but I don’t want to put a requirement for HVP’s as not all counties have one which would cause problems for players with.

Maybe you could do it so it is only required if the player owns 1

• It’s best to just have them work the way they currently do. They aren’t used as much as water carriers so requirements for fire missions don’t make sense for them. Maybe a couple of very large fire missions that I have in mind in the future could require them but for now it’s best to leave it as it is.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!