New Idea, Vehicle Breakdowns

• I know this may seem like a useless feature due to it being a dispatch game, but it would add some challenge to the game. This is more for people running huge districts such as me running Washington DC emergency services. It would be neat if every so often a vehicle you own would break down and need to be repaired. Maybe this will take a couple days when something gets broken down. It wouldn't happen a lot, maybe when a vehicle hits a certain amount of miles in game. For example once every 5000 miles a vehicle has to be serviced, and this might take a unit out of service a couple hours. But maybe sometimes a vehicle will randomly break down after it gets over 50000 miles on it, and that would take it out of service for an X amount of days. This will make it a good idea to own "reserve apparatus" and have it at the "repair station" so that when it breaks down you could switch out the two engines or two ambulances, or whatever is broken down, to use the reserve unit that is available. If you don't have any reserve apparatus available, then you just have that vehicle out of service for the "x" amount of time. This is just a random thought but I think it would add a need for coordination in this game, and having the reserve units(right now I have 3 extra engines that I am calling reserve engines that don't belong to any station designations).

• already been suggested multiple times

ok well i was looking through to see if there was and the one time I found this idea in the forums was under a forum entitled "new idea." That was hard to find and I didn't find it till after I already posted this one. And now there's one with an actual name so people can tell what its about from the main page. People need to post something other than "new idea" as the name so people will actually know what its about before opening it ha. Thanks for the comment.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!