Change Unit Speed

• It would be cool to see it where we can change how fast the Unit goes. Such as a Fast Speed goes a little bit faster than the current default speed. (Good for sending units to working fires) Normal Speed would be the default speed and slow speed would be slower than the default speed (Good for Non Emergent calls). Maybe in the future MC can try something like this. (if this was something that could be added you could change these settings in the unit settings)

• You should see it beside the "Available Units" text.

See the difference here.

Priority:

Non-Priority:

You'll see the times have gotten longer for the non-priority.

Cheers,

• Do different units have different default speeds? I.e. a Quint will be slower than an Engine, which should be slower than a patrol car, motorcycle, heli, etc?

Playing the Rochester, NY - Monroe County USA area

All stations are placed on actual stations. Goal is to cover every station.

• I believe some do, for example, a helicopter is faster than all other vehicles, boats are also faster than land vehicles.

I wonder if the helo and boat speeds are just because they're driving line of sight, and not along roadways, but they are definitely faster. What I'm saying is all the ground road units have the exact same speed. Here's one of my PD stations with swat, motorcycles, sheriff, and patrol cars all with the exact same response time.

And a fire station with Battalion chief, mobile air, water rescue boats, mobile command vehicle, quint, engine all with the same speed.

It'd be nice to give different unit types varying speeds. As it stands, I stopped using motorcycle units because they can't transport and they don't actually get to scene faster. Having differing speeds would make some units that don't get used, more usable. (like a flycar and BLS rig. no advantage right now to purchase BLS except for realism. If flycar was faster, I'd consider sending one of those first with a slower transport unit/BLS.)

Playing the Rochester, NY - Monroe County USA area

All stations are placed on actual stations. Goal is to cover every station.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!