Concern for Welfare On Bridge

• Love the call but i got a couple issues with it

No station requirements (the same with the broke ankle) it should have 2-3 Police Stations 1 Ambulance
    The C3 code is a joke the normal concern for welfare is a cat 2 so why should this be lower it should at least be a Cat 2 or 1 because they are at serious risk to life if they jump.
    also why is a RPU needed?

• I have seen Cat 3 concerns for welfare before in these instances, especially if they're still on the right side of the railings. It definitely wouldn't be C1 as there's not necessarily immediate risk to life. RPU is required as if this happens on a bridge over a fast road, they should attend to stop the traffic going under the bridge and create a sterile area.

• It really depends on area.

If it's on some random B-road bridge, you'd probably only see 1 IRV there. If it's on a bridge on a dual carriageway however, you'll see multiple IRV and RPU vehicles as well as maybe even an ambulance on standby. When it comes to call categories, multiple variations would be helpful because some might be a C3 if it's just someone on a bridge and a C2 or C1 depending on where exactly they are on the bridge.

• It really depends on area.

If it's on some random B-road bridge, you'd probably only see 1 IRV there. If it's on a bridge on a dual carriageway however, you'll see multiple IRV and RPU vehicles as well as maybe even an ambulance on standby. When it comes to call categories, multiple variations would be helpful because some might be a C3 if it's just someone on a bridge and a C2 or C1 depending on where exactly they are on the bridge.

HART & Fire can also attend dependent on the type of incident as I said, so at least a fire variation would not go amiss.

• So is the stations gonna be fixed

HART & Fire can also attend dependent on the type of incident as I said, so at least a fire variation would not go amiss.

Would defo want to see this

It really depends on area.

The Code needs to be updated whats your thoughts TACRfan

• So is the stations gonna be fixed

Would defo want to see this

The Code needs to be updated whats your thoughts TACRfan

I have brought up the stations

More variations of missions like this are planned and have been for some time.

I don’t appreciate you tagging me to try and get a different result to the answer you already have from another one of my team. This mission is realistic and is based on real world responses that sadly members of our team have had to deal with on numerous occasions in their real world jobs.

It is a lower category call, it isn’t a C-1 and the patient isn’t injured, you would be lucky to even get an ambulance to go to a call like this in real life depending on the location. IRL I have been in a similar situation and the casualty had actually self harmed and was not in a good way and we couldn’t even get an ambulance, they had to be conveyed to hospital urgently by other means.

• I have seen Cat 3 concerns for welfare before in these instances, especially if they're still on the right side of the railings. It definitely wouldn't be C1 as there's not necessarily immediate risk to life. RPU is required as if this happens on a bridge over a fast road, they should attend to stop the traffic going under the bridge and create a sterile area.

To add to this.

When I have been called to them from a policing point of view there are so many factors that determine if its a grade 1 or 2 response.
    If they feel suicidal but not on the wrong side then it might be a grade 2
    Internally we also have a prompt grade 2 which is go now but don't use emergency equipment.

If it comes in as person on the wrong side or making active attempts to take their own life them its going to be graded as a grade 1.

If there have been no attempts to take their life then in my force we are lucky if we see an ambo as their are usually a cat 5 no allocation to MH jobs.
    Usually we just take them to A&E ourselves. Or section then under section 136 of the mental health act.

Mental health jobs like these are whilst looking quite simple if you dont work in the emergency services, MH jobs are often very complex and its about balancing perhaps a policing, ambulance, and the person demands and its not a simple fix due to how everyone is so short staffed and MH treatment takes time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!