EMS Extensions not being counted

• Was trying to buy a Mass Casualty Unit in a FD station w/ the EMS extension to find out I was unable to buy it because I didn't have enough EMS stations which confused me as :

I have 69 EMS FD expansions and 22 Rescue stations, totals at 91
    I have 4 EMS Operations Support and 1 Mass Casualty Unit (which would need 100 EMS stations all together)

I thought they were separated in count, but maybe they're counted together? As in, at the initial 20 ems stations, you either buy the EMS Ops Support or the MCU?

Severely confused, pretty sure its a bug if it isn't, someone please correct me

• Apparently the Devs do not intend on permitting game play that resembles many larger metropolitan departments where the FD operates the ambulances as well. Quite frustrating that they do not recognize how many departments utilize this configuration.

Unbelievable. I honestly can't understand this- it doesn't hurt them AT ALL, and it only makes for a happier user base. The vast and overwhelming majority of fire departments in the United States work this way. In an ideal situation, we'd be able to purchase EMS equipment without an expansion because of how common this configuration is, but regardless, the devs should be striving to provide at least this small piece of realism. I understand that some players may choose to configure their regions in a fictional manner, but it seems to me that the majority put painstaking effort into ensuring realism, myself included, and their refusal to offer easy-to-execute enhancements to make gameplay more realistic for those of us who strive to play in a realistic manner is concerning.

• Unbelievable. I honestly can't understand this- it doesn't hurt them AT ALL, and it only makes for a happier user base. The vast and overwhelming majority of fire departments in the United States work this way. In an ideal situation, we'd be able to purchase EMS equipment without an expansion because of how common this configuration is, but regardless, the devs should be striving to provide at least this small piece of realism. I understand that some players may choose to configure their regions in a fictional manner, but it seems to me that the majority put painstaking effort into ensuring realism, myself included, and their refusal to offer easy-to-execute enhancements to make gameplay more realistic for those of us who strive to play in a realistic manner is concerning.

Hi, the ems extension 2as added before the new devs took over and also small stations so you would have to pay 200k for a EMS station and 100k for a extension so if you had less then 3 units then it would be cheaper for a extension :)

• Hi, the ems extension 2as added before the new devs took over and also small stations so you would have to pay 200k for a EMS station and 100k for a extension so if you had less then 3 units then it would be cheaper for a extension :)

I see. I'm more frustrated with the comment saying that they don't want to allow gameplay resembling modern FDs with running ambos and fire/rescue rigs out of the same station. I just wish it was easier to do that- it gets very expensive with the number of stations I need to cover my region realistically. I'm not completely appraised of the situation with the devs and my comment above was probably a little much, so apologies for any offense I may have caused. I'm still very grateful to the devs and my comment is not at all reflective of that appreciation. They do great work, and my griping really should not have taken the form that it did.

• You can run literally any EMS vehicle Execpt the mass cass due to a BUG it's not that to allow gameplay it's just a bug and bugs happen yes it has been around a while is probably being worked on because they have had so many reports even though support don't answer correctly they still escalate the issue and there extremely busy

Also BTW they let you have EMS extensions at small bases now so i dont see how in anyway they are restricted gameplay with ems at fire stations

• Right, except that it’s 100,000 credits and 7 days for the expansion to build. It’s just frustrating that there’s such a high barrier to realistic gameplay.

I just find it easier, more cost effective and time effective to build a standalone ambulance station.

For stations with co-located Fire / EMS, I just build a standalone on top of each other.

Ultimately, this ends with an ambulance available immediately (versus in 7 days), 1 free ALS Ambulances and 3 personnel. You can even name it the same thing, but that's just my 2¢ fwiw.

• I just find it easier, more cost effective and time effective to build a standalone ambulance station.

For stations with co-located Fire / EMS, I just build a standalone on top of each other.

Ultimately, this ends with an ambulance available immediately (versus in 7 days), 1 free ALS Ambulances and 3 personnel. You can even name it the same thing, but that's just my 2¢ fwiw.

That is what I have done as well defo easier to expand for stations with multiple ambulances

• I just find it easier, more cost effective and time effective to build a standalone ambulance station.

I'm not sure that with the ability to put one extension into small fire stations that it is more cost effective now. Previously when it could only be in large stations that was the case but not so much anymore.

• I just created multiple large fire stations and did the Ambulance extension on some of them. Then I put 1 ambulance in the stations (All ALS) Then I built about 6 EMS Stations and placed them randomly around the City as well as some walk in clinics and placed multiple units in them, mostly ALS with some BLS in the Clinics. System resembles a Fire Based EMS system that has private Ambulance service through interlocal agreement and the BLS units handle the low level patient transfers. I just do this for fun and based on size of the city my fire department and police department would resemble a very large city... Kind of unrealistic but fun to play with.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!