PSU UPDATE THREAD

• Cool, stop complaining then. Not going to keep going back and fourth with you on this conversation because you're not worth my time. Enjoy the update.

You chose to respond and get involved, I asked a question to the game devs/community team over the limit, and have since gave reasons why I don't think the limit makes sense. Have a nice night :)

Just to sum everything up:

The limit being set at 1/station makes no sense for a few reasons:

- Not everyone wants to play realistic
    - The van is basically the equivalent of 4x IRV
    - It's approximately the same cost as 4x IRV
    - It's less powerful than the new multi-carriers for DSU and Armed Response (which dont have limits)

- Some IRL stations if they have these, have multiple. Eg one of the Met stations have 5 available per shift.

• I agree with the limit because they don't want people to be over using. This unit, they have to. Limit it form a balancing point of view but also for a realistic point of view, I doubt even the force the size of the met would have More then 2 or 3 of these so the limit isn't limiting players to any extent

This is what I was thinking, might have to double up on some research before I go spending a load of credits haha

Currently with the 20 free staff I have done 10 l2 10 L1 and then I plan on a another 40 l2 and another 20 l1 so I have them to a 5-3 ratio 5 mounted staff and maybe 10 sgts and 5 insp to through into the base.

• I agree with the limit because they don't want people to be over using. This unit, they have to. Limit it form a balancing point of view but also for a realistic point of view, I doubt even the force the size of the met would have More then 2 or 3 of these so the limit isn't limiting players to any extent

Currently with the 20 free staff I have done 10 l2 10 L1 and then I plan on a another 40 l2 and another 20 l1 so I have them to a 5-3 ratio 5 mounted staff and maybe 10 sgts and 5 insp to through into the base.

Yeah it might be a good idea for me to start planning some things. Out of curiousity, what's the personnel size on the carriers?

• 9 on each I believe. I plan on hiring at 6 stations for 2 weeks which is 84 staff then I plan to move them into that base over a few weeks (if they fix the transfer issue) after I transfer my 10 staff I plan on training them all in. The same thing and repeat with different courses till I have massive amount of trained staff

• 9 on each I believe. I plan on hiring at 6 stations for 2 weeks which is 84 staff then I plan to move them into that base over a few weeks (if they fix the transfer issue) after I transfer my 10 staff I plan on training them all in. The same thing and repeat with different courses till I have massive amount of trained staff

Awesome. Just found some information on TSG within the met so that's handy. Will do the same with the stations, tempted to train them all in both level 1 & level 2

• Should be optional, though.

It's an optional unit, same as CFR / Co-Responder / RRV / GP etc... I really don't see why you feel the need to kick up such a fuss. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, and since you keep stating you don't care about realism in your setup then I suppose it's really quite a trivial matter to you? What exactly is the problem??

• It's an optional unit, same as CFR / Co-Responder / RRV / GP etc... I really don't see why you feel the need to kick up such a fuss. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, and since you keep stating you don't care about realism in your setup then I suppose it's really quite a trivial matter to you? What exactly is the problem??

I didn't really kick up a fuss, I've asked a question. Y'all are so sensitive, lmao. This is a thread to talk, question, and make suggestions about the new update, and that's exactly what I did. The closest thing there's been to a “fuss” is me saying that “Don't use it" is a stupid response, which it is, it's a response designed to dismiss what people are saying, and attempt to invalidate their points.

I want to use it, nothing I've said demerits the purpose of the unit, at all.

I don't care about realism, correct. However, that shouldn't stop me from being able to ask questions, make suggestions, and shouldn't stop me from using units.

The problem is, there's a limit, which I find to be unreasonable, for 5 different points that I've laid out. As such, I find this is unnecessarily limiting the gameplay, as do others that I've spoken to.

The way I see it, is there are two ways to look at it. Either everyone gets a limit, that only some people want. Or, no one gets a limit, that some people want.

If option A; Then those who want to play with a limit are happy, those who want to play without the limit, can't. One side is unhappy.

If option B; Then those who want to play with a limit can put one upon themselves, and are happy. Those who want to play without the limit, are happy.

Clearly, there's one solution that makes more sense, one that lets everyone be happy and play how they want to.

----

Unrelated, but dont want to double post.

Large depots should have 450 max staff, instead of the normal 300. 50 vehicles, with max of 9 staff each.

• I have always said I will be upfront and honest with the community and I definitely have been here as I told you what the missions were supposed to pay etc because I’m not going to BS the community and make up excuses when I told them this is what exactly was going to happen.

I enjoy making these updates, I’m a player of the game myself so I know what I’d like from an update. It’s just so frustrating that the devs won’t seem to acknowledge that if they added the content the way we say, players will be happy which will ramp up coin sales because people will get more involved in the game etc so it’s better for everyone. I’m not sure why it’s always such a fight to get it the way it should be.

I will try and get all the changes done and it as close to what was originally proposed as I can. The last thing I do or want to do is quit, I like to fight to the end, but this is starting to take its toll as it’s not fair on the community, not fair on my team, and not fair on me.

I understand how you feel after spending many many hours coming up with content for the AU platform. I wrote 32 missions ( including expansions to more high risk missions), they used around 8! I have been fielding messages all day as to why the UK content release is so much better than the AU one because on the face of it you guys got so much more. We didnt get new buildings, we got one extra course and a few new vehicles. But i do get how frustrating it is to not have your vision realised.

• I understand how you feel after spending many many hours coming up with content for the AU platform. I wrote 32 missions ( including expansions to more high risk missions), they used around 5! I have been fielding messages all day as to why the UK content release is so much better than the AU one because on the face of it you guys got so much more. We didnt get new buildings, we got one extra course and a few new vehicles. But i do get how frustrating it is to not have your vision realised.

Yah that really sucks expect that form the devs since UK makes more money, they updates Have more effort put in (in terms of the devs) you guys do a amazing. Job, we appreciate it.

Cause we got 6 Units you guys got 3 however you already did have 2 that were added for us (Armoured Vehicle and Mounted Police), we got a extension and a new building, you guys only got a extension so you probably struggle to. Come up with enough staff to run the vehicles.

I don't think the devs rolled out the AU update like how you wanted it though.

1st off there's a limit for a reason, interns of the game balancing as you say it does the job of 4 IRVs so obviously it's gonna need to be limited. If you don't like the limit don't use it.

To a previous post of yours the carriers they aren't overpowered, the missions require a massive amount of staff so it makes sense to allow players to have a larger van, not to mention these units are used everywhere in the UK.

• 1st off there's a limit for a reason, interns of the game balancing as you say it does the job of 4 IRVs so obviously it's gonna need to be limited. If you don't like the limit don't use it.

To a previous post of yours the carriers they aren't overpowered, the missions require a massive amount of staff so it makes sense to allow players to have a larger van, not to mention these units are used everywhere in the UK.

It's equivalent of 4x IRVs, yet you can have 50 IRVs in a large depot. So why is the limit 1/station? That's all I've asked. I could see the limit making more sense at, say 4 or 5, (around a full normal station of IRVs).
    There's no real benefit over IRVs - It's 2 less staff (2 vs 4). But, you need a large station, 100k expansion, and 7 day wait.

I'm not saying the carriers are overpowered, but they're more powerful than the vans.

Detention vans are also used, in multiple, all over the UK. Yes, the 4 cell ones.

Anyway I'm going to stop debating with random people now, interested to see if anyone who has any power has an actual reason for the limit being so low, as intended by my original post.

• its limited for the same reason Mass Casualty is, irl you wont have 1 per 20 stations, probably more, but they carry 4 prisoners so limit 1/station isn't too bad really. And I'm not gonna bother to continue arguing.

On a unrelated note, I was wondering if it was possible to update the Large Public Disturbance call to have public order/sgts/insp needed.

And do the new Carriers count as police cars?

Done that.

Try to look at your map filters, and see if it is unchecked for large police depot

• I’m not sure I understand how the game is making level 2 the highest, please let me know. You are right though 1 should be the highest so it will be changed if that’s the case 👍 The reason level 3 wasn’t included is we saw it as a base level training that people shouldn’t have to do. The same way driver training, BA training etc is not a thing.

Vehicles should count as IRV. I’ll bring it up

The limit on the vehicles is where that balance between a game comes in. It’s a limit because it’s deemed a high powered unit. Maybe the limit could be increased to 2 or 3 but no way will it be 50.

• I’m not sure I understand how the game is making level 2 the highest, please let me know. You are right though 1 should be the highest so it will be changed if that’s the case 👍 The reason level 3 wasn’t included is we saw it as a base level training that people shouldn’t have to do. The same way driver training, BA training etc is not a thing.

Vehicles should count as IRV. I’ll bring it up

The limit on the vehicles is where that balance between a game comes in. It’s a limit because it’s deemed a high powered unit. Maybe the limit could be increased to 2 or 3 but no way will it be 50.

Thank you TACRfan the vehicles noting acting as irv is a bug which is nice to hear, because I would love too use them to respond to other officers in distress.

• Why are Detention Vans limited to 1 per station?

I know y'all like to play realistic, but not everyone does. I don't understand there being a limit, let alone that limit being set at 1.

As someone has mentioned above, they are almost like a holding cell on wheels.
    board.missionchief.com/index.php?attachment/9990/

If you wanted to be really really realistic you could argue that the PSU vans should be able to intheory transport a prisoner as alot of forces have a rear cell in their sprinter vans.

• TSG? :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!