Heathrow fire service unit callsigns.

• I'm not sure if this should be in here or in general discussion but I was wondering if anyone could help me out with Heathrow Airports Fire units type and numbers (1,2,3 etc).

Having spent hours researching I am still missing some units, these are what I have so far (If I have got these wrong please let me know).

1 = Discovery 4 command vehicle
    2 = Unknown
    3-7 = ARFF
    8 = Hose Layer
    9 = Ariel Ladder Platform
    10 = Scania Domestic Appliance
    11 = Unknown
    12 = Unknown
    13 = Unknown
    14 = Rescue Stairs

That is all I have so far, as I said if anyone knows numbers 2,11,12,13 I would appreciate the help and if I have got some of the current units and there numbers wrong then again please let me know.

• I've asked someone who should know them all, or at least some of them. I can see why you've found it so difficult though, I can only find the same ones you have.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone at Heathrow, if it was Norwich or stanstead it would be different but there is just very limited information out there, and because I think it's a private company there are no freedom of information requests.

• I think they fall under ownership of BAA, unsure if they'll release anything. I know LFB have capability to support but that's it.

It's incredibly secret and not very well documented, I don't think it's intentional as it's not a security risk or anything like that I just think they haven't had much interest from the public, there have been short parts of documentaries about them, I think there was a bit in a BBC documentary about Heathrow a couple of years ago, and there was part of a documentary on it in the late 1990's/ early 2000's called Mega Machines. It would be nice to see a documentary on them, I heard that ITV (might have been another channel) were filming with the LFB.

• call the fire station they would be more than happy to share the information you need i have done it defore with sydney airport

Yea I am tempted too.

That's Stansted Airport.
    Unfortunately the guy I asked didn't really know the callsigns (he works at Heathrow but not within the fire services). He said he'll ask around when next there. The only thing I could think of is perhaps the Ambulances are included in the callsigns too?

Thanks for asking for me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!