Flooding....Flooding....Flooding

• Oh my.....I posted this in the general forum as a question but it is driving me crazy. Yesterday over about a 4 hour period I received Medium and Large Flooding missions a 16 times... I kept track. Today in a period of about 2 hours I have received 7. Most of the time they come two at a time and several times 3 at a time. This is excessive and in most cases it drains all resources and you can not respond to other missions. Is there a way to limit the number of times a mission can generate in a day. Several in one day are not outrageous, but the number being generated is excessive. I have 15 regular fire stations and 3 designated as my airport stations and 6 light boats to try to meet the demand and I routinely run out of apparatus. And...the missions started to generate even before I had any light boats. I had to buy them in an attempt to manage the incidents. PLEASE HELP!...... :S

• It's one of those things were no one really knows why it just happens like how often the panic button call spawn on the UK game

The panic button thing spawns in the US Version.. Also a large amount of missions for Serious injuries by glass, chainsaw injuries and glass embedded in a person. Those are simple missions but when you get 4 or 5 missions at one time that require 10-20 units each, all for flooding your resources are gone... STOP THE FLOODING!

In the time it took me to type that last email I got two more. I am up to a dozen today. I have the game set on normal speed.. Trying to collect the eggs...

Professionally having my posts deleted since 2022!8)<3

Edited once, last by VICFire: Merged a post created by ChiefBoden61 into this post. ().

• Pleading with the moderators/developers/IT Folks to please do something with the "Flooding" issue. I have been playing since 6AM this morning with the exception of about 2 hrs when I went out. I that 6 hours of play I have have LARGE Flooding, MEDIUM Flooding and Small Flooding generate over 30 times! That is excessive. Can we PLEASE have that removed until you can fix the randomness of the generation.

• Pleading with the moderators/developers/IT Folks to please do something with the "Flooding" issue. I have been playing since 6AM this morning with the exception of about 2 hrs when I went out. I that 6 hours of play I have have LARGE Flooding, MEDIUM Flooding and Small Flooding generate over 30 times! That is excessive. Can we PLEASE have that removed until you can fix the randomness of the generation.

To disable flooding missions you could temporarily disable your water rescue expansions.

• Yes as the small flooding doesn't nerd water rescue unit

Gotcha.....but what I am saying is that I was receiving the LARGE and Medium Flooding before any extensions or boats were in place and I did the extentions and boats to be able to respond, but now they are generated at an obnoxious level

• The medium flood and the large flood missions both require 1 water rescue extension in order to be generated. So there shouldn't have been generating.

thanks dragon.... but they were generating and already today in 45 minutes I have had 4 generate.....and as I have said before sometime they come 3 at a time.

• thanks dragon.... but they were generating and already today in 45 minutes I have had 4 generate.....and as I have said before sometime they come 3 at a time.

It is impossible for medium, large and giant flooding calls to generate without the requisite stations and expansions. You would have had to have an active expansion somewhere even if you hadn't purchased the boat.

There isn't a setting to disable floods like there is earthquakes and tornadoes so if it is overwhelming you, your only option is to disable the water rescue expansions. To my knowledge, nobody else is having the same issue as you in terms of frequency (there are people who have multiples of them queued due to resource levels but that is a different story), rather we just all agree they generate more often than is realistic but that is true of all fire based calls.

• personally i think you are lucky - iv been getting many single unit calls, id love to get a larger call like them

It is ok when it is generated sparingly but when you get two medium and two large flooding missions generated within seconds of each other on top of other call volume it is unmanageable. That is with the game running at "normal" generation mode.

• At this point, you seem to be the only person experiencing an issue.

The more active water expansions you have active, the higher the likelihood that the call will generate. The calls can only generate when you have the required number of active water expansions. If you don't want the missions, turn off some (to lower the chance) or all (to eliminate) your water expansions (change from "Ready" to "Not Ready").

At this point, there is no other option available to you.

I have 25 water expansions built and active (ready for action) of my 314 fire stations and have not noticed any issue with flooding calls spawning.

If you wish to escalate further, feel free to use the app support channel to contact customer service.

• It is ok when it is generated sparingly but when you get two medium and two large flooding missions generated within seconds of each other on top of other call volume it is unmanageable. That is with the game running at "normal" generation mode.

The number of available missions that can be generated is tied directly the number of each type of stations and or extensions you have. These get put into a pool (in a manner of speaking). When generating new missions the algorithm the game uses pulls missions from said pool at random. The frequency that a type of mission can be generated is based on the number of total available mission to you as well as number of variations a type of mission has. As you grow by adding more stations increases the number of missions you meet the requirement; there for a larger number of missions that the algorithm has to pull from so the frequency of a particular mission is generated decreases some what. Now the actual process is a little more complex than what I just explained, but hopefully this will give you a better idea on how missions are generated as I understand it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!