• So I am very excited about this idea. What if we could put units on standby for calls, so that way if and when they are needed they are automatically sent. For example a fire alarm call- we can send just one apparatus, but put others on standby that will go if it is found they are needed? And maybe for missions that upgrade- like a room fire turning into a building collapse, this feature can be used. And if they are not needed, they simply do not go and the standby ends with the call. We could even have a code for standby, just as all the other statuses do- a number code. But also, units on standby would be able to be dispatched to other calls, and the standby would be cancelled upon a different assignment of the unit! Thoughts? I think it's just one more thing to make this game more fun!!!

• Good idea, would be excellent as it'll make things more helpful. Just as for example if theres a fire and the medics can be on standby and be sent if and when needed. Code 10-23 maybe ?

Sincerely,
    Chief A
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwegian Emergency Services - Norway's largest MissionChief Alliance
    Co-Admin

• That kinda takes away from the point of the game. You are dispatching units and it is your responsibility to select the needed units and send.

Look at a burning leaves call that sometimes turns into a roof fire. Units won't go on stand by for a single engine run. The engine on scene reports they have a roof fire now, you get an alert for it and now have to send the units needed for the upgraded assignment (2E, 1L, 1B).

• uints get put on standby for multiple reasons for example
    when a full time unit is on a large call the volunteer fire brigade gets a page to respond to station for standby to reduce response time by like 5 minutes
    When there is a major event that may cause problems to standard response procedures
    When there is a large scsle bush fire strike team is on standby at station to provide quick response in a mayday situation or when the fire alarm upgrade is set it makes the response faster.
    The uk normally sends i unit to a call and some units get put on stanby (from what I'vebeen told)

Thats just some of the reasons why units get put on standby.

• staging areas are for that

The only problem I can see with using staging areas for that purpose is that staging areas last 24hr and can't be deleted + you can only have 1 per day so if you need to provide cover at multiple stations at one time or multiple per day it is not possible.

• That kinda takes away from the point of the game. You are dispatching units and it is your responsibility to select the needed units and send.

Look at a burning leaves call that sometimes turns into a roof fire. Units won't go on stand by for a single engine run. The engine on scene reports they have a roof fire now, you get an alert for it and now have to send the units needed for the upgraded assignment (2E, 1L, 1B).

I am not understanding how you see that this takes away from the purpose of the game. Of course you wouldn't put anyone a standby for a simple call like a brush pile of leaves on fire. By like you said, we are dispatching. It is a dispatching game. And in real life standby is a thing. I am more referring to larger calls, especially ones that have probabilities requiring units. A burning machine, for example, sometimes required an air, tanker, etc. but soemtimes it does not. So we can dispatch 3 trucks a battalion and a rescue and have the other units on standby. Aso if calls upgrade we can have units ready on standby. And this would be completely optional it would be up to the player so why not add it for the ones who would like to try it. It would only add more variation and fun and we need some of that.

• So I am very excited about this idea. What if we could put units on standby for calls, so that way if and when they are needed they are automatically sent. For example a fire alarm call- we can send just one apparatus, but put others on standby that will go if it is found they are needed? And maybe for missions that upgrade- like a room fire turning into a building collapse, this feature can be used. And if they are not needed, they simply do not go and the standby ends with the call. We could even have a code for standby, just as all the other statuses do- a number code. But also, units on standby would be able to be dispatched to other calls, and the standby would be cancelled upon a different assignment of the unit! Thoughts? I think it's just one more thing to make this game more fun!!!

Remember in this game. WE are dispatchers, not actual units responding to calls. I know for myself, if I hear my volly station go on a run, I will go "standby" at the station listening to the call. I automatically will add myself to the call if its worst than the initial dispatch, eliminating the dispatcher from dispatching us. So, again remember WE are dispatchers in this game. The first arriving unit will notify com of the situation and if the call needs to be upgraded. Then com will dispatch additional units. If we are gonna start having units self dispatch themselves, then why are we here?

• I think this idea would go great with a volunteer stations were there is a random response delay from 3 to 10 or 15 minutes would be cool because you could standby units so it removes the response delay.

true. But really for that to be a major factor in the game with volunteer stations it would be good to have an update to go along with it to where there are unstaffed volunteer stations.

• I think this idea would go great with a volunteer stations were there is a random response delay from 3 to 10 or 15 minutes would be cool because you could standby units so it removes the response delay.

I understand the random delayed response. At this moment you can set a delayed response for units under the edit vehicle option.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!