Omega Level Patients

• I've noticed that patients marked as "Omega" are registering as ALS patients. In the EMD world, Omega level responses are the lowest priority. As such, I would like to suggest that the game be altered to allow Omega patients to be treated by BLS units.

Just to further the point, I've included a few examples of Omega codings to illustrate their non-emergent nature.

26-O-4: Can't sleep

9-O-1: Obvious death, unquestionable

26-O-12: Earache

29-O-1: Traffic accident, confirmed no injuries

There's loads of omega responses under the Sick Person (Protocol 26) card, but hopefully this illustrates my point.

• Hey Faolan

I have brought this up to the developers are a while ago and even provided the ProQA document on the Omega-response level to back it up.

I will re-escalated to see if we can get this corrected.

Ideally, Omega level patients should be able to be handled by a Fly Car/EMS Rescue, with a small chance of requiring BLS transport.

Stupid question I'm not a medic at all. But doesn't a obvious death need a paramedic and doctor approval to officially call doa?

Again I have no idea in real life. (Just what I watch in TV) ;)

Each service will have different protocol for an Obvious Death. In Ontario for example, the provincial ministry of health and patient care standards define what is an obvious death (Code 5). This still requires a paramedic, defined patient care provided or medical professional on scene to determine this.

I will not go further into how an obvious death is defined, as the game does not involve death.

If you wish more information, find me on our discord and I'll give you some.

Cheers,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!