a call correction

• I agree for a fire engine however not for a police car. I beouve the paitent transfer form a flight is basically a emergency landing due to a sick paitent so you can normal get them through the jet bridge and get them on a stretcher however for a stair ones you need a extra pair of hands to carry the paitent to a stretcher below so a fire engine makes sense.

• We do patient transfer from flights all the time. This is essentially a fixed wing aircraft with a medical transfer to hospital.

This call (Patient transfer from flight) should require an Engine or 2 and a couple of patrol cars for roadway shut down or clearing for an LZ

No Fire or Police Intervention required, a land ambulance waits for the plane to land, the patient is stretchered off the plane and into the awaiting ambulance to transfer to the destination facility.

I agree for a fire engine however not for a police car. I beouve the paitent transfer form a flight is basically a emergency landing due to a sick paitent so you can normal get them through the jet bridge and get them on a stretcher however for a stair ones you need a extra pair of hands to carry the paitent to a stretcher below so a fire engine makes sense.

Medical related calls on a flight are not transfers, those are emergency calls. If a patient is experiencing chest pain on a flight, then the call will come in as a "Chest Pain" call.

The operative word in that call is "Transfer", meaning aeromedical transport requires land ambulance transfer to hospital.

These type of transfers occur several times a day.

Thanks,

• ahhh yes I understand that part, my run was actual in a suburbs of Cerritos no airport around. pathing of the run generated was off. sometimes i get fire runs in the ocean lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!