Fire Officer training for fire appliances

• So I had an idea. Fire Officer Vehicles are amazing but I was thinking of a training course for the fire service. so we can train one personnel per fire engine or something no matter how many trained crew the fire engine would class as one fire officer. the idea came from a friend who plays the game and hes a firefighter from kent. so the idea is this in a table

Fire Officer Vehicle = fire officer
    1 Fire Officer Trained Personnel on = 1 Fire Officer + the vehicle there on the vehicle there on

even if there is more than one personnel trained on one apparatus still classes as one Fire Officer Vehicle.

so even if there is 10000 personnel attached to one vehicle still classes as one Fire officer vehicle if you get me.

Id love to see this in game plus helps make the game a little bit more realistic. doesnt obsolete the fire officer vehicle just gives more options for realistic players so cant be abused as im sure you could make the training course last a week or two per 10 trained in a class. would be amazing to see.

• I don't know if we have a plan to be able to allow level 2 commanders to ride on appliances, but we definitely have plans for level 3 and 4 officers down the line. We already have level 1 for command support training.

i hope officers can be planned to ride pumps or appliances if your fancy like me but i hope we see officers ride pumps as it would make a lot of people happy even if its for low end calls would be amazing. Please try mention officers for appliances

• I don't know if we have a plan to be able to allow level 2 commanders to ride on appliances, but we definitely have plans for level 3 and 4 officers down the line. We already have level 1 for command support training.

I didn't realise the ICCU training was Lvl 1 Equivalent.

Do officers at Lvl 3 & 4 ride on appliances usually? I was under the impression that GMs and above typically responded in cars?

• The trainings may end up getting changed however as VICFire said we may not include the lowest level of officer as its already assumed you have them on a machine already. As a general rule of thumb it would be SM+ so that would be L2,3 and 4. L1 is you CM/WM. Command vehicles dont have to be crewed by CM/WM officers IRL but by someone trained in Command support which the current course name maybe changed to.

Because of the above, we will only focus on officers cars rather than officers on machines, if i bigger system is implemented as planned then the combo of an engine + officer wouldn't be much help anyway as there would be so many different types to combo.

We also want to add in additional command roles such as Hazardous materials advisor etc.

• I am considering for a bit realism to train all staff in the officer cars in mobile command.

May add it to the lead engines but it is a thought just now.

Making use of the command structure would be good though and have all levels covered.

I'm doing similar with police as I go through it now.

• You need the mobile command trained staff to be in a command vehicle for the requirement to work - so having them in an officer's car or on a pump won't fulfil the mission requirement.

• You need the mobile command trained staff to be in a command vehicle for the requirement to work - so having them in an officer's car or on a pump won't fulfil the mission requirement.

I do know more just for added realism to how my stations look. Just a me thing I know it has no effect in game

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!