Just curious?

• How is it that when some folks initiate a discussion on here or make a comment on a thread (such as the quality of life thread) their posts are "trashed", removed or disliked by certain members and even commented negatively on by those same members. Yet when they receive comments that are constructive about their post they become highly insulted. Yet those members continue to chastise others. This is a game sight and as long as folks are posting something that is not illegal, they should be allowed that freedom of speech to express their opinion. Just a random thought

• From what I’ve seen, posts are normally removed due to breaches of forum rules or thread-specific rules. So the QoL thread isn’t a discussion thread, so replies to other posts are deleted to make it easier for the volunteer team to sort through ideas.

Dislikes and negative comments, whilst they can be disheartening sometimes, are still part of free speech, as is constructive criticism. Unfortunately, it’s simply impossible to ensure that everyone gets along and agrees, and sometimes people take disagreements too far. That’s just human nature and part of life.

I think that this being a game forum doesn’t necessarily negate that, as although it’s meant to be lighthearted, there are always people with strong opinions and emotional attachment to it. So, when emotions and opinions clash, you see disagreements spiral a little far from reason sometimes.

I get it’s frustrating, I just don’t think it’ll change anytime soon.

• As Whitchit said, everyone has opinions, and they don't align. Some of us are more argumentative than others, some will sit quietly and say nothing. I've not seen anyone personally targeted with dislikes/hate/comments, it's generic. I've even made suggestions/questions, and been disliked, or told to "deal with it" etc. etc., but I've also made suggestions and comments where people agree and like, and encourage the post. (At one point dislike was like 50% of all reactions I'd received!).

If we're specifically talking about the QOL post, only suggestions are allowed there, no responses/discussions, that's why the majority of posts are being deleted, with reason "response", even board moderators have had this treatment. As for the reactions on the QOL post, that's purely to show if they like/dislike the suggestion as encouraged by Alctw:

> To show you agree or disagree with a suggestion please remember you can use the "react" option.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!