Mission Monday Vehicle and Mission Changes

• Hi Team,

A small nitpick but don't know if/how it can be changed.

I liked the vehicle crewing changes that occurred on Monday with the various Australian fire appliances, however I have discovered that with all of my Medium Tanker and BASU vehicles built/purchased prior to Monday - the max crew number in the vehicle menu needs to be manually changed to the higher figure. I have over 150 of each vehicle so manually making the changes will be excessively time consuming

Vehicles that have gone down in crewing have automatically changed to the lower crew number (I.e.: Pumper, Aerial Pumper, Pumper Tanker, Ladder Platform, Hazmat and Bulk Water Tanker).

All 8 vehicles purchased after Monday have crewing set to the figures released on Monday

Additionally (it may be different in the coding we cannot see), when it was stated that "Tree on the road" and "Biker fell off mountain-road" are now SES-generated missions, I have found that only "Biker fell off mountain-road" has been changed when viewing the possible missions list, "Tree on the Road" is still generated by fire stations. There also has not been an SES requirement added for "Tree on the road" either.

Thanks in advance :)

• Sorry, will add one more question/query to the mix:

The mission cardiac arrest (thanks for coding that one Katnip and all of the other ones on there!) was one I had popped up in the mission suggestion list - it has a requirement for 3 ambulance stations and 1 fire station.

Don't care about the mission payout (10 credits) because of the added payment of treating and transporting the patient, but the requirement for a firefighting vehicle wasn't coded into the mission (to simulate the Emergency Medical Response (EMR) of firefighters co-responding to priority 0 calls).

• Unfortunately, the decrease was due to the maximum being decreased, so it would automatically trigger the decrease.

To increase, it is much more difficult and really cannot be completed in an automatic way (as some may want to keep different numbers of personnel in it).

An example is when they brought out the EMS Supervisors can auto-release paramedics to hospital, each unit had to be changed independently, and that required those with many supervisors to manually go in and adjust that setting (this was the same for the US rollout too).

You can use LSSM's Dashboard to help in identifying vehicles to change (That's how I did all my EMS Chiefs / EMS Supervisors when it rolled out).

Additionally (it may be different in the coding we cannot see), when it was stated that "Tree on the road" and "Biker fell off mountain-road" are now SES-generated missions, I have found that only "Biker fell off mountain-road" has been changed when viewing the possible missions list, "Tree on the Road" is still generated by fire stations. There also has not been an SES requirement added for "Tree on the road" either.

Thanks in advance :)

I will reach out to the dev's to confirm this update.

Thank you,

• Actually it was, but just because ive coded it one way doesnt mean the devs actually use my coding as it was input. This is what ive been saying about not everything being guaranteed, I do not get the final say so, all i can do is suggest on your behalf and i encode it to save the developers time. This is where its important to make notes about what you actually want as the mission creation tool is limited in its capabilities ( but is so much quicker than coding by hand which i had major trouble getting my head around). Had I put something in the notes about what was trying to be achieved it may not have been overridden. As it stands they probably thought it was a coding error, and omitted it, (but as they've now deleted my coding from the spreadsheet we use to put the coding in as the new jobs entered will now be for July. I guess we will never know for sure.) and i completely get it because as a general rule fireys dont get dispatched for medical here in SA unless its a heavy lift or difficult access and even then its only after SAAS is on scene . HOWEVER i am willing to put those types of missions forward with the explanation in the notes ( I am not sure how i would code it given the creation tool limitations.) and hopefully if they're unsure, they'll reach out for a conversation?

I will however raise your issue with the vehicle changes , I wasnt aware any of this was happening until i got the message myself and have an issue that i want to raise about some of the changes anyhow.

• Sorry, will add one more question/query to the mix:

The mission cardiac arrest (thanks for coding that one Katnip and all of the other ones on there!) was one I had popped up in the mission suggestion list - it has a requirement for 3 ambulance stations and 1 fire station.

Don't care about the mission payout (10 credits) because of the added payment of treating and transporting the patient, but the requirement for a firefighting vehicle wasn't coded into the mission (to simulate the Emergency Medical Response (EMR) of firefighters co-responding to priority 0 calls).

If its ok, once ive finished my current coding requirements for the devs which is still a rather lengthy list but hopefully worth the time required ( i can generally only do about 5 before i start getting cross-eyed LOL). I'll message you with the ideas that you've just given me and see if that gels with the idea that you were trying to achieve and then i'll reach out to the devs on how best to encode them.

• Unfortunately, the decrease was due to the maximum being decreased, so it would automatically trigger the decrease.

To increase, it is much more difficult and really cannot be completed in an automatic way (as some may want to keep different numbers of personnel in it).

Thanks EMS-Chief on the update. I will have to persevere then and do the changes over time

Actually it was, but just because ive coded it one way doesnt mean the devs actually use my coding as it was input. This is what ive been saying about not everything being guaranteed, I do not get the final say so, all i can do is suggest on your behalf and i encode it to save the developers time. This is where its important to make notes about what you actually want as the mission creation tool is limited in its capabilities ( but is so much quicker than coding by hand which i had major trouble getting my head around). Had I put something in the notes about what was trying to be achieved it may not have been overridden. As it stands they probably thought it was a coding error, and omitted it, (but as they've now deleted my coding from the spreadsheet we use to put the coding in as the new jobs entered will now be for July. I guess we will never know for sure.) and i completely get it because as a general rule fireys dont get dispatched for medical here in SA unless its a heavy lift or difficult access and even then its only after SAAS is on scene . HOWEVER i am willing to put those types of missions forward with the explanation in the notes ( I am not sure how i would code it given the creation tool limitations.) and hopefully if they're unsure, they'll reach out for a conversation?

I will however raise your issue with the vehicle changes , I wasnt aware any of this was happening until i got the message myself and have an issue that i want to raise about some of the changes anyhow.

Again thanks Katnip, what we ask for and what we get are two different things sometimes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!