Monday Mission Suggestion Discussion: Firefighter Down

• Not sure this is the correct place to post this but how about a firefighter down expansion similar to the police officer down. Can happen at scenes of structural fires or collapses, can have a "firefighter down" expansion or a "collapse with firefighter down" option?

Mission Name: Firefighter down

Amount of Credits: 5000

Expansion required (if applicable): n/a

Time to complete: (in minutes) 15mins

POI: (If needed) n/a

Required Units: 2x heavy rescue, 5x fire engine, 3x aerial truck, 2x battalion chief, 2x ALS

Max Patients: 4

Minimum Patients: 1

Patient Category: (General Internal- Cardiac Surgery) Trauma

Transport Probably: 85%

• Credits and resources seem a little high compared to the officer down call for just a basic firefighter down. Perhaps 3x Engine, 1x Heavy Rescue, 1x Ladder & 1x Battalion Chief and around 2,200 credits (as a follow-up mission to any structure fire) for a basic firefighter down and then your proposed mission could be a Roof/Floor Collapse with Firefighter Down.

• Credits and resources seem a little high compared to the officer down call for just a basic firefighter down. Perhaps 3x Engine, 1x Heavy Rescue, 1x Ladder & 1x Battalion Chief and around 2,200 credits (as a follow-up mission to any structure fire) for a basic firefighter down and then your proposed mission could be a Roof/Floor Collapse with Firefighter Down.

There is nothing "basic" about a firefighter being down and it should not be taken lightly. The consequences can be grave....

Well a firefighter down is a very intensive mission to rescue a downed firefighter. Perhaps the downed cop mission should need more people or difference resources?

This game needs more big missions to suit people that are building big departments with many resources

Not-Uncommon for a department to send a whole additional alarm assignment when there is a firefighter mayday. Easily 6-7 more units and 25 more personal are dispatched.

• Well a firefighter down is a very intensive mission to rescue a downed firefighter. Perhaps the downed cop mission should need more people or difference resources?

This game needs more big missions to suit people that are building big departments with many resources

Not-Uncommon for a department to send a whole additional alarm assignment when there is a firefighter mayday. Easily 6-7 more units and 25 more personal are dispatched.

It all depends on the department, but typically for a trapped firefighter with no collapse, either units on scene (your RIT team plus available units from staging) will handle or they will add 3-5 additional companies plus another BC depending on the severity.

12 units (your original proposal) would be more if it included a collapse or very technical rescue is more my point. Agreed it is a mission we need but for a regular firefighter down with no collapse/entrapment, no department I know of sends 12 additional units.

• Here is what the FDNY assigns for a missing, lost, or trapped member:

• 10-66 Missing, lost, trapped, or seriously injured member requiring extrication (Increases response by transmission of the next higher alarm, 1 additional deputy chief, 2 battalion chiefs, the collapse unit from the borough of incident, a collapse rescue task force, an additional squad, a SOC Support ladder, a FAST unit, a CFR-D engine, SOC Logistics support van, SOC Compressor truck, SOC Dewatering unit, Public Information officer, EMS division captain, EMS Haz-Tac officer, a BLS ambulance, an ALS ambulance, an EMS Rescue Paramedic ambulance, OMA response physician and a medical officer.) If the cause of the 10-66 is due to a collapse, a signal 10-60 also must be transmitted.

If due to collapse this is also assigned:
    • 10-60 Major Emergency Response (e.g. collapse of a private dwelling, derailment of a subway car)
    • 5 Engine Companies
    • 3 Ladder Companies
    • 4 Battalion Chiefs
    • 1 Deputy Chief
    • 1 FAST Unit
    • 1 Rescue Task Force - which includes 1 Rescue Co., 1 Collapse Rescue, 1 Squad Co. w 2nd Piece
    • 1 SOC Support Ladder (When a Collapse Rescue is transported by a SSL, no additional SSL is required)
    • 1 Haz-Tac Officer
    • 1 Rescue Paramedic Unit
    • 1 Additional Rescue Co.
    • Rescue Battalion
    • Safety Battalion
    • 1 Tactical Support Unit
    • SOC Logistics Support Unit
    • SOC Compressor Unit
    • Con Edison Vacuum Truck
    • Haz-Mat Battalion
    • Haz-Mat Company #1
    • Haz-Mat Technician Engine Company
    • Communication Unit
    • Field Communications Unit
    • Recuperation and Care (RAC) Unit
    • Public Information Officer

info from http://www.fdnewyork.com
  • EMS-Chief

Changed the title of the thread from “Monday Mission Suggestion Discussion: Firefighter Mayday” to “Monday Mission Suggestion Discussion: Firefighter Down”.
  • I've created a thread to discuss this Monday Mission Suggestion, in an effort to keep the Monday Mission Thread clean.

The original post was left on the Monday Mission Thread.

Thank you,

• I know the developers wanted to keep "death" out of the game so if there is a way to make this mission with a message that the firefighter is "rescued" rather than "recovered" I would support it and I would suggest that when it happens it "requires" an additional complement of Apparatus to be dispatched as a "RIG" (Rapid Intervention Group") Task Force. 2 engines, 1 Squad, 1 Battalion Chief and 1 ALS Ambulance. That is the only way I would support that. We have way too many LODD of firefighters each year and to imply that we have killed one in the game is unacceptable to me. As an advocate for the National Fallen Firefighter's Foundation I am adamantly opposed to any other option.

• Correct - I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of what happens when a firefighter is missing, lost or requires extrication. However a firefighter down doesn't mean the firefighter is always missing, lost, or requiring extrication - it includes being injured on calls.

For example, say two firefighters suffer chemical burns at a warehouse fire but everything else is going according to the IC's plan- an additional alarm would not be called for (you'd definitely get a safety officer if they weren't already present, medics, a replacement company and possibly a few more support companies).

My original point was you would need two call levels, one for an injured firefighter and another for one with floor/roof collapse,

• Correct - I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of what happens when a firefighter is missing, lost or requires extrication. However a firefighter down doesn't mean the firefighter is always missing, lost, or requiring extrication - it includes being injured on calls.

For example, say two firefighters suffer chemical burns at a warehouse fire but everything else is going according to the IC's plan- an additional alarm would not be called for (you'd definitely get a safety officer if they weren't already present, medics, a replacement company and possibly a few more support companies).

My original point was you would need two call levels, one for an injured firefighter and another for one with floor/roof collapse,

Ok, I didn't mention an injured or burned firefighter, while those could also be missions, I mentioned a DOWNED firefighter. Meaning a situation that a MAYDAY would be declared and the downed firefighter would require some form of extrication by other firefighters.

• Ok, I didn't mention an injured or burned firefighter, while those could also be missions, I mentioned a DOWNED firefighter. Meaning a situation that a MAYDAY would be declared and the downed firefighter would require some form of extrication by other firefighters.

Still something that should not be taken lightly as it implies injured firefighters. Similar to the Ambulance and Fire Truck accidents.. I dont care for them either. Those type situations are nothing to play games about. just my opinion

• Don’t forget about small departments, I do like an idea of an FF (firefighter) down but keep it simpler, also helps the devs with no death, anyways FF down isn’t always deadly and isn’t always worse then an officer being down.

it is nothing to be taken lightly and I also do not agree with "officer down" either......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!