Water Tanker as firetruck

• All we were pointing out to FirefighterDetroit is that this idea has become very popular, and vehicles are being manufactured to this standard, as opposed to how FirefighterDetroit thought that departments were "cutting off a tank" and "attaching it to a hosebed"

no this idea is no popular because only a handful of departments are doing this because it is not cost effective it cost over $100,000 for you to do this when a Fire engine which holds 6-9 people only costs around $60,000-$70,000 face it it's a bad idea and isn't worth putting into the game if you want to make this so called pump tanker then just rename a type 1 as one and roleplay it out like it is one it's as simple as that.

• What we're asking is for the tanker to be required on more brush-related missions, and as a second engine. By the way, here's just a few pumper tankers in the West St. Louis County and Franklin County areas. Note that most of these trucks date to at or before 2005.

• Having read through the topic I have to agree with both sides, in terms of using the tanker as a general type 1 then I think you should just rename a type 1 however I do agree that the tanker should be used on more wildfire related calls, maybe some new ones like small forest fire which requires 4-5 type 1 and 1 tanker and then medium which requires 7-8 type 1 and two tankers and then a storm staple event for a large forest fire which will spawn multiple small and medium over a large area.

• What we're asking is for the tanker to be required on more brush-related missions, and as a second engine. By the way, here's just a few pumper tankers in the West St. Louis County and Franklin County areas. Note that most of these trucks date to at or before 2005.

I never said anything about being made after any date I stated they are barely ever manufactured because it's not made by a specific manufacturer it's made by the department that's owns it and this also proves my point that they are not used by a wide range of departments only a small handful that can afford to build their own over $100,000 truck. Again my opinion will never change no matter how many times you try to prove me wrong. I agree with what TACR stated they do need to be used on more wildfire calls but I do not agree that we need to add this vehicle in the game. As I stated before just rename type 1's as act as if they are one nobody is stopping you from doing this quick and simple fix I mean it's nothing new people have been using type 2's as brush trucks all they have been doing was renaming the type 2 and act like it is a brush.

• there is no need to be so rude and if you are a firefighter in Detroit or an other department you a duscrace to your department.
    Your fact about the brush rig is true we aren't saying it needs to be done now there a plenty of things like brush trucks that need to be added first as they we're suggested first. This game should eventually get to the point that it has every possible unit in america and almost the world with almost every possible call just cause an idea doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone else take this for example were i live there is only there is not even a dedicated SCBA or mobile air truck for the hole state(800,642 square kilometres) there is a mixed hazmat mobioe air truck and a pid truck that has a SCBA pid but no dedicated truck because that is a waste of money to have a truck go to one fire a year.
    Take a look at other departments and how they are setup and operate before you comment and disagree with someone its amazing what you might learn.

I never said anything about being made after any date I stated they are barely ever manufactured because it's not made by a specific manufacturer it's made by the department that's owns it and this also proves my point that they are not used by a wide range of departments only a small handful that can afford to build their own over $100,000 truck. Again my opinion will never change no matter how many times you try to prove me wrong. I agree with what TACR stated they do need to be used on more wildfire calls but I do not agree that we need to add this vehicle in the game. As I stated before just rename type 1's as act as if they are one nobody is stopping you from doing this quick and simple fix I mean it's nothing new people have been using type 2's as brush trucks all they have been doing was renaming the type 2 and act like it is a brush.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!