Today's new mission and update

• maybe keep this thread as the weekly update discussion one.

This week the mission is rubbish but so be it.

The alliance prison update. It's welcomed but do not feel it was needed (unless there is a plan to increase prisoners on calls). It's a bit poor that each cell now costs 50,000 (after 10 built) it should have been kept to the 25,000 like the others.

Now it highlights even more though how improved alliance building tools are needed as a way to see what buildings are used the most would really help as we could target the expansion.

Personally feel that this is a poor choice of upgrade and currently is not a problem area unlike hospitals we really need the beds increased have done for a long time with some calls having 2 hospitals full and still needing more beds.

• As a team we mix up the missions put forward to vary for service, requirements and reward.

I'm sorry if you do not like the Ambulance mission this week, it was one I put forward out of a long list I have worked on.

I do not agree with your choice of words suggesting it is "rubbish", the mission is new and realistic with a high chance of requiring critical care.

If the community share your view then I'll begin work on another list, this time for unrealistic missions.

As for the hospitals, we keep bringing them up and have tried previously to acquire higher capacity but the DEVs did not go for it.

• Quite simply the call just feels like repetition as already have a Seizure call, yep prolonged seizures are different and I get that but just feel that its poor for what we could have.

Would make more sense to group small calls together and have 3 or 4 released together.

Similar to how calls that are of the same style come in a group.

I just feel it is a poor call.

• This mission had others that were similar that could have been grouped together for release.

I had put together a list of 19 purely medical missions as was requested of the team. In this group of 19 there were another 5 x sets of similar missions that could also be grouped.

We can not control what the DEVs do with the content we put forward to them or how they release it.

If you feel you can create better medical missions (Ambulance only) then please feel free to send me them in private message on here or discord, I will cross reference with ones I have already created and put them forward if suitable.

• Honestly considering we have calls that can have 200+ patients I think the 30 beds per hospital is a slap in the face it should allow us to have 50 beds in a hospital. Personally i rarely even need more then 5 prisoners across the whole county per day so I don't even think this increase was necessary (especially because it will take TEN weeks for them which is bloody crazy) You can build a whole new Public order wing to a police station in a week. But a single cell in the same time. The game clearly favours patients over prisoners in that regard ad tbh it always feels like (especially in other versions) police gets the short end of the stick (From a "pay" perceptive - The uK team do a good job of trying to balance it but still not happy with some missions especially the older ones & PSU ones) .

• My personal take on this:

1. The new mission is welcome. Variety is the spice of life, and the more variations to all sizes and types of call, the better. As for it being one call a week that's added, thats down to the devs and not the content team as Alctw10 said. It's been one mission a week for over a year now and I quite like it that way. How many other games release new content weekly over such a long period of time whilst also managing a load of other versions, and pushing out large content packs two or three times a week, plus hot fixes and special events?

2. I've seen somewhere, although I can't remember where as it was some time ago, that it had been requested to increase the cells in alliance prisons. The devs have decided to push that through, and although I don't generally use alliance prisons much, I'm happy for two reasons. Firstly, the devs are listening (albeit selectively) to our requests, and acting on them (albeit slowly). Secondly, this update is one thing less on their endless list of updates for the game, and thus it makes way for them to focus on something new.

I appreciate it's not ideal, but at the same time, every small update / tweak / mission monday is a step toward a more flushed out and detailed game. It's progress in the right direction even if it doesn't suit everyone's needs precisely.

• Honestly considering we have calls that can have 200+ patients I think the 30 beds per hospital is a slap in the face it should allow us to have 50 beds in a hospital. Personally i rarely even need more then 5 prisoners across the whole county per day so I don't even think this increase was necessary (especially because it will take TEN weeks for them which is bloody crazy) You can build a whole new Public order wing to a police station in a week. But a single cell in the same time. The game clearly favours patients over prisoners in that regard ad tbh it always feels like (especially in other versions) police gets the short end of the stick (From a "pay" perceptive - The uK team do a good job of trying to balance it but still not happy with some missions especially the older ones & PSU ones) . Also can someone explain to me why a prisoner pays less then half of what a patient pays?

We have been trying for a long time now to get hospitals with more beds - however as planned they would be a new building with anything up to 50 beds and marketed as a major trauma centre. This was planned for the HART update but never made it, and I don't know when, if ever, they will be added. It would be unlikely that with current hospitals you will be able to expand beds beyond 30.

The prisoner vs patient system is a legacy from the original game and there is no plan for them to be integrated, hence why the transport system is much clunkier for prisoners, cells cost a fortune and take weeks to build, and the payout for each prisoner is less. Evidently the patient system is better than the prisoner system which is a shame.

Older missions don't pay as well, especially if they were brought over from the US game however it is difficult for us to propse for them to be changed and we would prefer to get newer missions in instead. It's difficult to explain, but we update a few of them when we are able to, and then add requirements like HART, foam, PSU etc.

I appreciate it's not ideal, but at the same time, every small update / tweak / mission monday is a step toward a more flushed out and detailed game. It's progress in the right direction even if it doesn't suit everyone's needs precisely.

Thank you for your kind words and understanding. We cannot please everyone. Complaints will be made if we release small missions, and they'll be made if we release large missions - we can't sit in the middle every time. While it would have been nice to have multiple simple medical missions released at once, that's not what happened so let's move on and see what missions are released in the future that we have submitted. At the end of the day, we're not the ones who market the game and make financial decisions so they get the final say; we try to positively and constructively influence it when we can to give the best and balanced experience for all players.

• Personally I really like getting new medical missions I like having to prioritise C1s over the C3s and c4s and I like how the c1, C2 etc is much simpler then the American one(not saying the US one is bad though)

Edit: Thank you for the post I really appreciate it and I agree with you in all aspects. (how rude of me not to say thank you)

• I don’t know but it may also be the case that they are working on the coastguard update. So got a small one today. Which will be interesting when it comes out and bring another variety of calls when that comes out.

The devs are not working on a coastguard update. This is pure speculation.

We want to push through the gameplay changes before any new content.

To increase the variety of medical missions we are going to have to start breaking down individual calls and making them more patient specific. If we don’t do this then we will run out of medical missions very quickly

• Sorry my understanding is it had been put forward but must have got this wrong. My mistake.

Thank u for clarifying about coastguard.

• To be clear about what I've previously said.

I have completed the coastguard content and am working on the missions to go with.

When appropriate it will be submitted to the DEVs.

We have as a team made it clear that first we want to have a quality of life update released before any content packs.

• If the Coast Guard is "completed" and I have all the required personnel, equipment, stations and training for each why are mission not being generated?

On another thread we were told that there is a bug/problem and that is why missions are not spawning. So it would not be speculation.

This thread is for the UK version.

If you are having issues with the update please highlight these in the US forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!