Paramedic Engine

• Hello,

my idea is that we have a paramedic engine in game. It can deals with injureds (but it need an ambulance to transport the person) but its also an Engine Typ 1.

Cost: 6.000$
    FF: 6
    School: min. 1 Paramedic (station without ambulance expanision) the paramedic can use as firefighter and paramedic

• Hello,

my idea is that we have a paramedic engine in game. It can deals with injureds (but it need an ambulance to transport the person) but its also an Engine Typ 1.

Cost: 6.000$
    FF: 6
    School: min. 1 Paramedic (station without ambulance expanision) the paramedic can use as firefighter and paramedic

Type 1 fire engines already have EMS capabilities, you can send any unit to a medical call and they can start treating them but then obviously they will need an ambulance to complete it. I like to see people suggesting ideas like this though so keep it up.

• TACRfan has explained it well.

A patient's progress bar starts at 100%

A non-medical vehicle will treat up to 25%
    A fly car will treat further (I don't use them so forget the exact amount, possibly 75%?)
    Then an ambulance can finish the call off with transport if required.

So yes, they do get treated to a certain extent.

• I would agree to a point with emergency. Although they can treat up to 25%, many of the injuries could be cleared by BLS treatment. Having an ambulance have to clear every call even though they won't transport is something a fly-car/engine may have been able to handle. I may have some bias for this particular topic since the department I am employed by staffs firefighter/paramedics on all rigs: engines, medics, ladders, etc. But I know other departments around the country at least have BLS capabilities from at least one personnel on their fire suppression rigs.

• emergency this already more or less exists. i understand in the US these exist but in the UK these are non-existent. these engines below are paramedic engines and, as you can see, they look the same as normal engines, albeit they're slightly older then a usual engine.

Actually a lot of fire services are running to medicals on the uk now due to the lower fire rates, the LFB are now attending cardiac arrests same with Norfolk, Lincolnshire are running fire service ambulances so it will go that way and it makes sense, I think the best way to do it would be like my lieutenant suggestion and have training for firefighters rather than a new vehicle, that way it would be optional if people wanted to run ALS engines or not, if they did they would train up some of there crew and assign them to the engine they want however that Engine would still be usable as a normal engine if you didn't have anyone with the training.

• I would agree to a point with emergency. Although they can treat up to 25%, many of the injuries could be cleared by BLS treatment. Having an ambulance have to clear every call even though they won't transport is something a fly-car/engine may have been able to handle. I may have some bias for this particular topic since the department I am employed by staffs firefighter/paramedics on all rigs: engines, medics, ladders, etc. But I know other departments around the country at least have BLS capabilities from at least one personnel on their fire suppression rigs.

reading this makes me see a potential in this idea.... and to add to it if a patient doesn't need to be transported then you'd think the injury would be treatable by a basic EMS unit. So maybe not really having a pramedic engine, but changing calls to where the transport probability is 50 (as is already), and therefore making the call to where an ambulance requirement is 50? And the engine can just treat it. Or maybe an ambo is required and then a 50% chance it can be called off or downgraded to a non transport. I know in some departments like Houston ambulances are not required at calls like stubbed toes and choking and such that they won't need transport or it's a simple fix problem...

• I know depending on department they either do engine ladder or rescue to have a medic on

Or some departments do some of all. They may not even scrutinize it as much as we are it's not really a big deal. Although maybe some departments do. All it means is if all the crew are paramedics. And some departments even require all employees to be paramedics. And then some don't have it written on the side of the truck. The whole thing is who is in the truck and what are they capable of. Has nothing to do with the truck itself really.

• As dispatch stated, it is more about the personnel than the actual rig. The department I work for down in here in south Florida employs only firefighter/paramedics and each rig including engines, ladders, heavy rescues, and battalion chiefs are all paramedics. Each rig has full ALS capabilities in order to to provide the best quality of care in the event of when the first due ambulance is tied up on another call. If you wanted to implement such a system, it would have to deal with the personnel itself and not the actual rig.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!