Define....Just a question???

• I know the developers are not from US and there are advisors from all over.... but can someone answer these questions?

• What is a "caravan fire"
    • "what is s "storage cupboard fire"
    • Why the need for so many units on a "manhole fire"
    • same question for transformer fire
    • same question for power pole struck by lightning
  • Caravan is an RV

Storage cupboard I think of as like a fuel storage locker I used to have at a warehouse I worked at.

In terms of units, some make sense if you look at the German origins of the game and what their typical responses look like.

I also think of the manhole fire as more of an underground electric vault fire… which are a pain.

• Ok....I guess that make sense to a point

• what is a road accident?
    • Why does a power line struck by lightning always result in patients to transport but the mission requirement list no ambulance?
    • When you create a "large alliance event" that last 3 hours and you select "storm" why are the majority of events spawned "road accidents" "brush pile" "small field fire", "leaf fire" and "grass fires" In my career, rarely do storms ignite grass fires, leaf fires, or brush piles and field fires
  • I think a road accident for them is closer to a property damage accident in the US. The others I have no answer for. I would guess bugs maybe?

There’s quite a bit that gets kind of lost in translation, much less so than when it first started. But that’s why mission did or do require things that are rarer in the US like multiple command posts or mobile airs, because they’re more common in their responses and their equipment lists. Just like how with the exception of rescue-engine (HLF) there are very few combo pieces over there, which is why it took a lot to start getting them when the game first started.

• I know the developers are not from US and there are advisors from all over.... but can someone answer these questions?

• What is a "caravan fire"
    • "what is s "storage cupboard fire"
    • Why the need for so many units on a "manhole fire"
    • same question for transformer fire
    • same question for power pole struck by lightning

A caravan is a small trailer for living in that is towed behind a car.
    A storage cupboard is like a closet. Judging from the required units, it wouldn't be fuel storage.
    A manhole can have a lot of gas (sewer gas) and other things presenting a large risk to the public, and a technical challenge.
    A transformer fire only requires 2 engines (and 1 FIU), think of it as a larger transformer, like at a power substation station.
    The power line struck by lightning can easily spread to surrounding areas, and also presents a risk, so two engines is fair.

Ok....I guess that make sense to a point

• what is a road accident?
    • Why does a power line struck by lightning always result in patients to transport but the mission requirement list no ambulance?
    • When you create a "large alliance event" that last 3 hours and you select "storm" why are the majority of events spawned "road accidents" "brush pile" "small field fire", "leaf fire" and "grass fires" In my career, rarely do storms ignite grass fires, leaf fires, or brush piles and field fires

A road accident is a crash, RTC, collision.. etc.

Ambulances aren't included in any mission requirements as far as I know, and an ambulance station is required to spawn the mission.
    Storms are very limited in what they spawn, and have always been this way since their inception, where there was less missions for the devs to choose from. I guess if you think of a major storm with lightning and such, they could cause fires. Road accidents do make sense, however, due to the conditions, wet roads, poor visibility etc. Definitely could do with updating though!

• I am from Florida so when I think of Storms I think of Hurricanes...thanks for the insight

• Vehicle and Personnel RequirementsValue
    Required Firetrucks3
    Required Battalion Chief Vehicles1
    Required Heavy Rescue Vehicles2
    Required Police Cars1

Here is another one... Why all this fire equipment for a broken water main?

• I think the burst water main requires a few to many units especially considering its more a job for the water company so I think it should be 2 engines 1 Battlion.

I think perhaps 1 Engine and Police would be more like it. Nothing Fire Dept can do and if it is creating a problem in the road, then it is a police problem. Fire could lend a hand, but it is overkill in my opinion

• Storage cupboard is most likely a metal cabinet designed to store anything flammable ( gas cans, paint cans, paint thinners ect..). Usually made with double skinned painted yellow with warning signs on it.

I'm basing this from the word "cupboard" in the name.

I disagree, a cupboard can store anything. Dishes, plates, paperwork, etc.

Considering that the mission only requires 1 engine, I highly doubt it's any chemical, anything flammable or explosive.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!