Cost for Promotions

• This has been discussed before and I am sure I will get crucified for brining it up. But would like to know what others think. In my opinion the cost for promoting to a higher rank become outrageous after the Battalion Chief level.

I have played this game religiously every day for 179 days in a row and I am at the Battalion Chief level. I balance the play between work (sometimes even play at my desk at work), family, house stuff to do and travel. I have gained a total of 141,525,172 credits, averaging just under 800,000 credits/day. I need 858,474,623 to reach Division Chief. If I continue that pace it will take me an additional 1073 days. At that rate, if I maintain that average, it will take me just shy of 3 years of consistent every day play @ 800K each day. Even if you played at TURBO level (a speed that you can barely keep up with) or did a 3 hr disaster each day the time period wont change much.

I just think for a game, this is extreme. Even if you took the required required for your first promotion and counted them towards your next level with additional credits required it would still be extreme.8)

I think they should be lowered. It seems as if the developers want to see you not exceed.:?:

So...that is my two cents work. As I said in the opening, I am certain to be crucified by some, but then again, this is a place for open discussions, and I have followed the TOS

• Once you reach battalion chief there isn't a reason to go for the higher ranks, in all honesty. The reward isn't matched to the massive increase in the required credits.

That being said, I think it is created by the devs to make sure everyone has a goal to constantly work towards. If the ranks were easy to get to, then everyone would have them and have no reason to keep playing.

On the UK version, only 12 people have the top rank (Fire Chief).
    Deputy Chief has 19.
    Division Chief has 42.

Out of 272 thousand players on the leaderboard.

• not sure how to get that information for the US Section Even in the alliance I am in, I have more credits that the Alliance Chief.. Not that it really matters of course....but just saying... I see what you say about incentive.....but it could work on the other end as well because folks can develop a mindset of "never getting there. May have a few more levels such a Chief Executive Officer, City Manager, State Fire Marshal, State Emergency Mgt Director... I know those terms would certainly be different for across the pond.

• https://www.missionchief.com/toplist For the US, I just counted how many had the credits for each rank.

But you definitely have a valid point over the possibility to deter people trying!

I wanted to revive this discussion in hopes that the developers would see it again and perhaps make some adjustments, at least on the US Side. I can't speak for other countries but perhaps add some categories between after Deputy Chief. Maybe an Assistant Chief. The after Chief, perhaps Emergency Management Director, City Manager, County Administrator, State Chief Financial Officer, State Emergency Management Director, Lt. Governor, Governor and then lower the amount required to reach each level. Let's be realistic here.... I have played for 207 straight days... I have accumulated 1877,596,993 credits, which is an average of 906,266 credits/day. If this rate is maintained it would take me another 896 days or almost 2.5 years to reach the top level. To think that someone can maintain that pace is ridiculous, especially when you take in to account, work, vacation, sickness, family, etc., and all the other stuff that goes on. We want folks to play the game but when some see that level they will say, "I can't do that". Others will tire of playing as it would seem to them that the rank is unachievable. Sure, I can gain more points buy playing the turbo mode, but realistically you can not keep up at that level as the calls are overwhelming. In fact, must past the "normal" mode is difficult to keep up with. And I have a big area (16 counties in Florida that are almost completely built out with fire, police, hospitals and such.

I am sure I will be attacked for bringing this forward again, but this is a request for the developers to look at the big picture. We don't want to discourage folks from playing if they think they can reach various levels more easily.

Thanks8)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!