Rescue Instead of Ambulance

• WHy in the game does most things ambulance related say "Rescue" This is really annoying as they are a Ambulance Service not a Rescue Service also if/when coastguard, mountain rescue, lowland rescue etc this will get really confusing. The cases where this is most annoying is the Rescue (EMS) Academy is it not easier just to do Ambulance/Paramedic Academy/Training Center. Or in the vehicle market for the home response location it says " Rescue" Where you filter by ARRs and your stations it says "Rescue" The Requirement for Stations says X "Rescue Stations" instead of X " Ambulance stations " . All of the medical courses are written Rescue - HART Training Or Rescue - Critical Care. I know this isnt the worst issue but i just thought i'd bring it up

• It’s because that’s the way the game was originally made and I don’t think it can be changed unfortunately

Just some passing thoughts here. As someone reminded me before, you can't have the game meet the criteria used in every version used. I would agree however goochy, because in the United States under the NIMS (National Incident Management System) that was established for apparatus typing and disaster Management post Katrina, the term for a unit that transports is Ambulance and it is either BLS or ALS while a "Rescue" represents a Heavy Squad. So folks generally call them Ambulance 1 for BLS and Medic 1 for ALS. Although some department still interchange the terms and that is a running joke when attending Incident Management Classes at the National Fire Academy. "This is what we call them unless you are from Florida." (Florida interchanges the terms a lot). In the US, Tankers fly and deliver fire retardant to wildland fires and Tender carry water that have wheels. Most folks call wildland apparatus Brush or Woods Trucks. There is really no consistent term that I know of in the US for an Engine with Extrication Capabilities or ladder trucks that do the same for that matter. So while there are so many differences between the versions, I just purchase units in the stations I name them accordingly using the terms I know to be correct in NIMS.

Respectfully

• It’s because that’s the way the game was originally made and I don’t think it can be changed unfortunately

The thing I'm gonna say is I think it can be as the translations for the ambulance station on US say ambulance station rather then rescue so this could defo be , also in the vehicle market for fire stations with ambulance extension it says ambulance so I don't see why this can't be ported to the home response locarion. There's a lot of causes where I believe it can be cuanged so can you ask the devs?

• Couldn't you simply update the front end? Internally it can be still called rescue or whatever internally, but what gets shown to the user can be changed to just ambulance? This should be possible as far as Im aware?

• I’ll ask but it’s hardly a priority issue. I’m still trying to find out why there seems to be no progress on the QOL pack and the auto standown feature to which I’m being told very little

• I’ll ask but it’s hardly a priority issue. I’m still trying to find out why there seems to be no progress on the QOL pack and the auto standown feature to which I’m being told very little

Thank u for trying. It does seem to be taking a while.

Thank u for trying. It does seem to be taking a while.

We don’t seem like we have had much this year.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!