Help with adding lights to a vehicle

• Hi all. I've recently created a Tanker with red and blue lights. The program I used was APNG Assembler. I want to add flashing headlights to the pattern, but I can't work it out. The headlight flash pattern is independent of the red/blue, that is, both headlights turn on then off together and the length of flash is different to the re/blue lights. Can I get some help please?

• I probably won't do a good job explaining this, but you can add some frames in between the red/blue flashes where only the headlights are active. You could also try including frames where the main lights change, but the headlights stay on. For example, if you have two frames with red lights and headlights, leave the headlights on for the third when you swap to blue, etc. Just find a pattern and repeat. There’s a good bit of trial and error trying to figure those out, especially if you want them to flash a certain way. Although not exactly what you’re trying to do, here’s an example where the wig-wags flash at a different rate than the main lights, and the frame order to create it.

• I probably won't do a good job explaining this, but you can add some frames in between the red/blue flashes where only the headlights are active. You could also try including frames where the main lights change, but the headlights stay on. For example, if you have two frames with red lights and headlights, leave the headlights on for the third when you swap to blue, etc. Just find a pattern and repeat. There’s a good bit of trial and error trying to figure those out, especially if you want them to flash a certain way. Although not exactly what you’re trying to do, here’s an example where the wig-wags flash at a different rate than the main lights, and the frame order to create it.

Could you please share that APNG program/website that you're using? Looks a lot better than what I'm using, lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!