Mission Rebalancing

• A couple new mission types are really taking over my call list and I really feel they need to be better balanced.

Sink hole missions are out of control. Why are there so many? And why must each one expand to the highest level of mission every time? They aren't even enjoyable anymore, and just become a resource hog as I send everything out to each call no matter what it is.

Planes into wildland areas are another one that make no sense. Firstly, they are being generated in areas where I have no wildland vehicles...like large metropolitan areas. Why would I have forest fire infrastructure in a major city? I am regularly getting these missions inside of dispatch centers that have no stations with that expansion, and I just have to ignore them until they time out which is annoying. Secondly, their frequency is also too high.

I get that new mission types are cool, but they should be integrated correctly into the current list of call types - not every mission in the game needs to be catastrophic, and new mission types shouldn't take over my call list simply because they're new.

While I'm typing, the amount of Investigation calls is also becoming a pain. I'm all for having Investigator units go out to calls to simulate an actual investigation into causes of fires, but that should be a second call spawned at the same location and take some time. It doesn't need to require all the fire scene units to remain while an investigation takes place. Its also a very foreign concept for me that these units act as Law Enforcement as well, I'm not sure what jurisdiction in North America has these Fire Police units, but to me an Investigator is just that and that's all they do. It also doesn't take 4 of them to attend a scene!

Hope some feedback from a long time player doesn't fall on deaf ears.

• And that's totally fine, its the fact that it requires specialty forest fire equipment is the problem.

I can have those POIs in an urban setting and could realistically manage the calls with the resources in place for a major city. I have enough type 2 engines to handle the largest of field fires, those should also be ok for these calls as well.

• Totally agree. Post on another thread.....at my current department I have maybe run 2 sink holes in 20 years and never transported a sole. Recently in the game I run 10-15 a day with some being mass casualty events. The same for the wildland plane crash... make it a wildland crash on fire that requires wildland units rather than a plane crash and then a separate incident to the same place for a fire

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!