Foam tender

• Any update on the foam tenders getting fixed

They used to work dual purpose as a water tanker and are still selected as a water tanker in the ARR’s

However for some time now the foam tender hasn’t had any water quantity in the buy vehicle tab. If you send it to a mission it also doesn’t fill the requirement of a water tanker

• The Foam tender still counts as a water tanker for vehicle count, please see the example below as I just tested it.

Medium Wildfire requires 2 Water Tankers, I've only sent 1 Foam Tender to the scene, the Water Tanker requirement dropped by 1.

After clearing the unit, the call returns to requiring 2 water tankers

• The Foam tender still counts as a water tanker for vehicle count, please see the example below as I just tested it.

Medium Wildfire requires 2 Water Tankers, I've only sent 1 Foam Tender to the scene, the Water Tanker requirement dropped by 1.

Yes, the Foam Tender does count as a water tanker but doesn't actually carry any water, even though the description says it should.

"Is equipped with a water tank and foam agents to produce foam that is more effective than water for certain types of fires."

The Foam Tender will be auto selected on ARRs and arrives at say, a wildfire, but doesn't even add to the needed water gallon amount to complete the mission.

• The Foam Tender is selected as an ARR as it counts towards the Water Tanker requirement portion of the mission.

The ARR is based on the "Water Tanker" requirement NOT the Gallons of Water requirement.

You can setup a custom ARR category to exclude the foam tenders from this classification.

The OP indicated that:

If you send it to a mission it also doesn’t fill the requirement of a water tanker

Which is not the case, as my test confirmed it does count as the requirement for the water tanker, just not the water gallon capacity.

With regards to the comment of the water tank, I believe that the water tank of the foam tender is used to aerate the foam mixture and propel it out of the apparatus (with exception of CAFS which is compressed air), so I think that is where the water tank they may be referencing is noted on (I can ask for clarification if needed). Ultimately though, it does not indicate a water gallon amount on the vehicle itself in the vehicle window and as such doesn't care any (for lack of a better term) "useable water" for a mission. If you want, I can ask about a revision for the vehicle description text.

Ref: https://www.fireengineering.co…ning-basics-flowing-foam/

Ref: NFPA 1901

• You can setup a custom ARR category to exclude the foam tenders from this classification.

Of course, however for those of us that already have numbers of 50+ if not in the double digits of Foam Tender units, that would mean we have to go through every single Foam Tender unit we have to manually do that, right? That would be very tedious on our end.

Personally, I think the Foam Tenders being auto selected in place of Water Tankers is basically the opposite of QoL and is rather annoying most of the time. It's nice that they do that but is rather useless if they don't actually carry any water, meaning that you still have to manually dispatch an actual Water Tanker sometimes. It holds up missions from completing and slows everything down.

NFPA references are great and all, but is there any department in the US that would send Foam Tenders in place of Water Tenders to a wildfire? There's a reason that you don't see that.

• The water requirement is shown on the top of the mission, as is how much is presently selected / en route.

If you want an ARR that only selects vehicles based on water, perhaps you should use the "Gallons of water" option? Would that be a workaround?

At present, we are looking at two-sides (both very valid), one side which has wants an exclusive water tanker only, so it increases the gallons of water on scene, while the other side can use the foam tenders to satisfy the Water Tanker requirement on a mission.

• I do like the idea & I will give it a go

The only problem I see before I even change my ARR’s to use gal of water is that it will dispatch my wildfire aircraft

• I do like the idea & I will give it a go

The only problem I see before I even change my ARR’s to use gal of water is that it will dispatch my wildfire aircraft

mjs03, if you put the gal amount at a level of for the PT level, would it bypass the smaller vehicles?

I want to find a solution that works for all, and if we can accommodate it with current measures then we can solve it for all :)

• mjs03, if you put the gal amount at a level of for the PT level, would it bypass the smaller vehicles?

I want to find a solution that works for all, and if we can accommodate it with current measures then we can solve it for all :)

I understand that we need a solution that works for all within the actual abilities/possibilities of the game, you guys on the moderation team do a great job.

I will as said try the gal of water as a work around

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!