Airplane Crash in the Wildland

• First let me say I am not trying to report a bug and secondly I am not trying to complain. I am simply asking a question.

For the mission Airplane Crash in the Wildland>>>> That mission is generally a mass casualty event that requires significant resources, including various fire apparatus and wildland fire apparatus, and one would assume that realistically if that event happened in real life it would generate a wildland fire or at least some sort of fire.

With that in mind, a 2nd incident is generated at the same location for a Wildland Fire as a result of a plane crash in the wildland? The event/mission will require an additional significant amount of units, including wildland, and they all come from much further away as a result of units already being assigned.

Why can't that mission be folded into one and be simply a Plane Crash in the Wildland on Fire and just add additional apparatus requirements? Also, in real life the FBI and NTSB would be there (yes, I know we do not have NTSB units...it was just an observation).

Thanks

• If the distance is a concern, then direct the units going to the plane mission to the wildland fire after as a follow-up.

I guess you missed the entire point... It is two (2) missions happening right on top of each other. In real life a plane down that was on fire and that has spread to the wildland would have all units dispatched to one(1) incident with multiple command officers managing the incident in various branches and division, requiring multiple chief officers respond. Also, a lot of times the 2nd mission is not generated until a lot units are on scene..

• I guess you missed the entire point... It is two (2) missions happening right on top of each other. In real life a plane down that was on fire and that has spread to the wildland would have all units dispatched to one(1) incident with multiple command officers managing the incident in various branches and division, requiring multiple chief officers respond. Also, a lot of times the 2nd mission is not generated until a lot units are on scene..

I don't see the issue, also having a mission spawn due to another mission in a different location isn't possible, not to mention the forest fire would be in a similar way and if the amount of units bothers you then use the follow up as irl crews would work on both but see it as the crash taking priority imo the mission is fine l.

• Thanks for your responses....I should have known that if I asked none of the moderators or administrators would agree. The mission is NOT spawning in a "different" place. Another incident on top of the first incident. Could handled better by dispatching the correct compliment on the initial incident IMO (as you say).

• ChiefBoden61, you are asking about 2 different missions. It is no different than if the second mission random spawned in the same place.

The fact is, if a plane goes down in the wildland area and catches fire, it is highly likely that it will cause a subsequent wildland fire thus the reason for the second subsequent mission.

The aeronautical fuel fire caused at the point of impact will be confined to that area, the subsequent bushfire may expand.

Again, I've provided you a workaround solution if you choose not to send a new compliment to the subsequent call, use the follow-up function to handle the first then move on to the second.

I really don't understand why you need to be argumentative, you made a point and it was countered. No reason to go spouting off about how "nobody agrees with me".

• ChiefBoden61

EMS Chief here is simply trying to understand and assist in your complaint.

There is no need to get hostile with him. We are here to help. Please keep this civil in the Forum's. Any hostility will be taken as a form of harassment.

Now I've never steered you or anyone else wrong before, And I see no problems here by EMS Chief. Please keep things civil.

If the issue is misunderstood then kindly explain it further.

Thank You

• What EMS-Chief is trying to say is there's nothing to say you HAVE to complete both jobs at the same time. Simply complete one then the other they dont expire for 48 hours.

Thanks for all the response. I was not trying to be hostile I was just trying to express that it could be one mission instead and two and I was debating my points. I realize the second one could be handled "after" but that is not realistic either. But again, thank you for the guidance and your input. I appreciate the replies. Have a great evening all!

• ChiefBoden61

Do you by chance have screenshots and Mission Links to both Missions?

• Thanks for all the response. I was not trying to be hostile I was just trying to express that it could be one mission instead and two and I was debating my points. I realize the second one could be handled "after" but that is not realistic either. But again, thank you for the guidance and your input. I appreciate the replies. Have a great evening all!

You're forgetting one important point, This is a GAME, not real life, What spawns is completely random. Whilst there is a level of realism there are limitations within the game so we do the best we can with what we have. Maybe its time you tried to make lemonade?

• The UK game has "follow-up missions" which is exactly what you're describing. I don't believe the US game has it at this time. Effectively, and simply, it generates further calls around another to simulate spread. Some fire calls spawn additional fires, others spawn smoke inhillation medical jobs. This is optional so can be turned off in the settings, just like mission expansion.

If the US game got these, your idea would work really well and may be able to simulate things happening further away from the main crash site, although within a small radius.

• ChiefBoden61

Do you by chance have screenshots and Mission Links to both Missions?

Here you go JerseyBirds. Not sending this to be argumentative or disrespectful, but you asked for a screen shot. In this case the wildland incident mission generated at the very same address was not a significant one, but they do range from small to major. No real reason to keep this thread alive if you chose to close it. Again, just sending these shots because you asked for them.

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!