Ability to run a "Medic Engine"

• I have read the thread "ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus" but it hasn't been updated in over a year. Is it still not possible to have a FF get EMS/ALS trained in the Fire Academy and work from a standard type 1 Engine? based on the thread it seems you can only use the fire engine/ambulance to get the ALS functionality. While one of my future departments actually uses one of those rigs the current department I am working on (Salt Lake City FD) does not and has paramedic engines but transport is by a private ambulance company. I need to know if I can use the trained ALS FF in Type 1 Engine as it will drastically change what my next steps for building are.

• I have read the thread "ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus" but it hasn't been updated in over a year. Is it still not possible to have a FF get EMS/ALS trained in the Fire Academy and work from a standard type 1 Engine? based on the thread it seems you can only use the fire engine/ambulance to get the ALS functionality. While one of my future departments actually uses one of those rigs the current department I am working on (Salt Lake City FD) does not and has paramedic engines but transport is by a private ambulance company. I need to know if I can use the trained ALS FF in Type 1 Engine as it will drastically change what my next steps for building are.

To my knowledge nothing has changed. Only way to have a Medic Engine is to use the EMS one. I may be wrong but I think you can still train your folks in ALS for Fire Apparatus at the Academy but it does no good unless you have the EMS Engine. AGain...I could be wrong...but that is how I understand it

currently the training is specifically for the engine/ambulance combo. as for treating patients - most units can treat to about 10-15% and need the correct ambulance ( BLS, ALS or BLS and fly car) to finish treating and transport. maybe in a future quality of life update the ALS training could make that engine (or whatever fire apparatus) similar to a flycar

• currently the training is specifically for the engine/ambulance combo. as for treating patients - most units can treat to about 10-15% and need the correct ambulance ( BLS, ALS or BLS and fly car) to finish treating and transport. maybe in a future quality of life update the ALS training could make that engine (or whatever fire apparatus) similar to a flycar

I like that idea. I tried a couple of those ALS Engines that transport but disposed of them as I did not find them useful. Having an Engine that can treat ALS would be nice, especially when ALS Ambulances may be delayed.

• I like that idea. I tried a couple of those ALS Engines that transport but disposed of them as I did not find them useful. Having an Engine that can treat ALS would be nice, especially when ALS Ambulances may be delayed.

Almost every engine in my area has a paramedic on board but they don't transport. The lack of this has made it impossible to even come close to realistic ops for me.

• Almost every engine in my area has a paramedic on board but they don't transport. The lack of this has made it impossible to even come close to realistic ops for me.

The developers and content advisers have tried to make it as realistic as they can, but I have been told in the past that they can't get every detail exactly right or how we want it as there are so many different modes of operations for hundreds of departments

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!