Emergency Management

• This is an outline for adding a new service to the game with multiple buildings, vehicles, missions, and game mechanics. This could be implemented as extensions or a full new service.

Emergency Management (EM)

Emergency Management is a specialized department or agency that manages significant incidents requiring multiple agencies. Think of it more as coordination of resources.

Buildings:

EOC (Emergency Operations Center) - This would act as the main office for the EM units. $150,000 initial build. Includes one EM SUV.

Shelter - This would be where displaced persons would be transported (see below)

Vehicles

EM SUV - First response vehicle for major incidents or to do preparedness missions. Adds a 10% bonus to completion speed.

Bus - Used to transport people to the shelter

Field Comm - Mobile Communications unit. Provides up to a 25% bonus to completion speed when more than one service is on scene.

Comm Trailer - Can be towed by Utility Unit to act as a Field Comm

Shelter Trailer - Used to activate a shelter location

CERT Truck - Community Emergency Response Team used to assist evacuations, operate shelters, or do preparedness missions

REHAB - Has been requested by people before and could be implemented into the EM addistions.

Gameplay

The addition of the EM services would add several new things to the gameplay. Some aspects would work with everything that currently exists in-game. The others would add new abilities and missions.

Bonus Completion Time

An example would be that the EM SUV or Field Comm which reduces the time a mission takes to complete by being on the scene. This could be on any current mission that requires at least two services. In other words, if you have a mission with Fire and Police or EMS and send one of these units it will take less time to complete.

Preparedness

This would act similar to would be sent on missions that do preparedness type of things, Think as community engagement missions, and CERT training.

Shelter

The shelter is a new mechanic in the game. This would require using a Shelter Trailer, Bus, and at least one CERT Truck or EM SUV. If a Shelter is required you would set a location somewhat like the 'Staging Area' works. You would then dispatch the Shelter Trailer and CERT or EM SUV to the location to open the Shelter. When a Shelter is open you use the Bus to transport people from the incident scene to the shelter. You can also dispatch the Field Comm or an MCV here and still counts for the mission.

Evacuation

In a large incident (Large Fire or Hazmat, Forest Fire, Flooding, etc.) you would need to evacuate. This would require setting up one or more shelters and then using Police and CERT to evacuation of an area.

Example

Mission: Chemical Plant Explosion; Required: 2 Battalion Chiefs, 1 MCV, 1 REHAB, 6 Firetrucks, 3 Heavy Rescue, 4 ALS Ambulance, 4 Police, and from EM you would need 1 EM SUV, 1 Field Comm or Comm Trailer, 1 Shelter Trailer, 1 Bus, 1 CERT Truck or additional EM SUV. You would send most of the response units to the incident. you would set a Shelter location and send the Shelter Trailer, Bus, and CERT or additional EM SUV to that location to open the shelter. You would then use the Police units to do an evacuation area and the Bus to transport people to the shelter.

Overview

This would add a lot of new gameplay mechanics and possible missions. Some current missions could be adapted to make use of the new EM features. You could also use units such as the EM SUV or field Comm on any mission with more than one service to gain a bonus in completion time. If anyone has comments, additional ideas or questions please drop a comment.

Thanks!

• This is definitely an interesting idea, and I like the concept. I think everywhere has an Emergency Operations Centre type of situation for events of a disastous nature.

Good idea!

• These units could be used for smaller missions than just major events. My county has a few Rehab/Canteen units that are owned and run by local VFDs they will usually respond if a fire hits 2nd alarm to tend to the emergency personnel on scene. These units could be used in many ways to assist anything from small to large missions. Would love to see this added!

• These units could be used for smaller missions than just major events. My county has a few Rehab/Canteen units that are owned and run by local VFDs they will usually respond if a fire hits 2nd alarm to tend to the emergency personnel on scene. These units could be used in many ways to assist anything from small to large missions. Would love to see this added!

I suggested a while back....I think during the QOL survey that we add REHAB and DECON units.. it is a thing of the future

Those rehab units would most likely be initiated as part of the Fire Service, if it was to be implemented.

Yes, absolutely. One of the reasons I thought out the concept the way I did is wanted it to complement what we already have and not just add on to it. The idea of the time bonus is specifically to allow players to send those units to any call even if not a requirement. As to the Rehab unit I only added it to this since it's something that has been requested in the past and hasn't yet been added.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!