Realism advice

• Trying to have as realistic a setup as possible, but struggling with finding how fire officers are distributed. I'm guessing normally they'd just ride the main fire engine and not go in a separate vehicle.

How have others distributed them? 1-2 per station or do they tend to be located only at main stations? I'm currently set up in Dorset so it's D&W fire.

Thanks in advance

• Trying to have as realistic a setup as possible, but struggling with finding how fire officers are distributed. I'm guessing normally they'd just ride the main fire engine and not go in a separate vehicle.

How have others distributed them? 1-2 per station or do they tend to be located only at main stations? I'm currently set up in Dorset so it's D&W fire.

Thanks in advance

Realism with units is not really possible in game. It will significantly slow your progress.

Also the Fire Officer role in game is definitely one of the most unrealistic parts just now given that there are several fire officer ranks and all dispatched depending on incident, some are based at stations, some at area HQ some places it's from home. The game makes no reference to fire officer ranks just now and you will find you are probably best having several at each station to cover your calls.

Personally I play realistic locations only for Fire, Police and Ambulance. For HART and both aviation's I have no choice but play totally unrealistic given the limited number of these.

All my stations are being set up with the exact same unit structure, this is a lot easier to manage and ensure you are not delayed or restricted in play.

I would love to be able to be more realistic in the setup but unfortunately the game doesn't lend it's self to that.

• Realism with units is not really possible in game. It will significantly slow your progress.

You are absolutely incorrect.

I play realistically only and my progress has been anything but slow. HART/SORT is no issue for me either, and fire officer locations are all available on the SFRS (I do Scotland) fleetlist.

Talking about fire officers, if you can't find a fleetlist, use Streetview on Google Maps and you'll have plenty fun.

• I have been doing Scotland realistically with help form SainsburysVan  TheNavalAuxiliary which I am incredibly greatful, I find it being not to difficult to have units around fully realistic =) so I'll have to agree with van!!

But to answer Morvran I would put 1 in most whole time stations for a station manger 1 per district/region for a group manger and 4 at the HQ. In areas where you fall short have some respond form home :)

• I think it’s a mixed situation, All of my Fire stations, Hospitals, Police stations and ambulance stations are in realistic locations, HART and Aviation as mentioned above hasn’t helped me at all. Originally I had all HART locations as they are in real life and pretty much all Aviation but it became hard to work with on the call distances. My setup covers the entire U.K. and a lot of Ireland and get a lot of large incidents so had to improvise abit and add extra HART stations across the U.K., Fire officers I have at most stations and a lot of home locations due to the amount required when playing. I tried to keep the vehicle setup realistic to which didn’t last long as it was impossible to make call demand.

Just depends how realistic you want to play the game.

• But to answer Morvran I would put 1 in most whole time stations for a station manger 1 per district/region for a group manger and 4 at the HQ. In areas where you fall short have some respond form home

Thank you, yeah this was what I was thinking, but was wondering if I was missing something.

And thank you all, good advice and suggestions

• Originally I had all HART locations as they are in real life

I originally planned to have HART bases in HART locations but found that this was not viable due to the closest being an hour and half away from my main area at the moment. but instead I have the HART base in the closest NARU location instead, has helped, though I suspect i'll need to do the same soon, and find a good place to put a second NARU or HART Base in.

I've got most fire station set up mostly accurate (though still need to invest more to get it 100% right) but seems okay so far, Police and Para im not worrying about too much at this stage, but might in the future (Locations are right, just not unit comp)

• I play 90% realistic. For those areas that i dont know about or that there is no information on, i put 2-3 at Wholetime stations, 4-5 at HQ and then between 5-10 at Home Response Locations around the county

Thanks in advance

With DWFRS we have Flexi Duty Officers are our main officer response. We'll typically have our Station Managers respond from station, so yeah as the rest of the guys said placing them at the larger (mainly wholetime/day crewed stations) are actually pretty realistic. As for the retained stations, they usually respond from home. Because I have no idea where they live I just put them at the station with a delay to simulate that.

The larger stations, Salisbury, Devizes, Swindon, Stratton, Weymouth, Westbourne etc will typically have a group/area manager assigned.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!