New Option for Sale / Auction of Used Equipment

• As we grow our buildings, there is often the desire to change out equipment that is assigned to a building. We can move them to another building today, but there are times that they become surplus and we delete them. In this case, it would be nice if there was a sale/auction type possibility.

With something similar to a Distribution Center, you could move your surplus equipment. From there, you could choose to store it indefinitely, auction it off the highest bidder, or sell it for a fixed price. Some parameters would nee dot be set to prevent price gauging and lowballing, probably based on age and mileage of the vehicle.

This link is for a company that buys and sells used equipment - https://firelineequipment.com/used-fire-trucks/ - just as a possible example of something that could be done.

This is just a thought. Thank you in advance for you consideration of this as a possible option for a future release.

• tbh I don't see any point in such a feature:

vehicle prices in game are pretty low in general (many vehicles < 20k), most of them < 100k and I think it rarely happens that you want to delete those that did cost more.

That would mean that the selling price at an auction must be less than the price you bought it (which would be less than 5k for engines). You will make this money pretty fast with few missions plus players who would have to save credits to buy a vehicle are in general newer players so they got more staff problems. => buying the vehicles even faster only increases this.

I understand the idea but I don't see any advantage, mainly because vehicle doesn't cost very much in game.

• Dispatch centres or a free/very cheap building that is purely a depot, a building that units cannot be dispatched from/staffed, but could be stored in a state 6 state could be good. If you want to replace a vehicle and just want to store the original to put into a future station could be good. Even if it was limited to say, 10 vehicles, but of any type.

• This was brought forth by several people and I think it may have been included in the QOL survey (not sure). There were mixed feelings and responses and I am sure it is not priority

ChiefBoden61 - I fully understand your comment and reply, and by no means do I think this should be anywhere near the top of the development list. I understand that the developers have been working very hard and have some new and interesting releases coming out in the not too distant future. I am sure we are all looking forward to those.

In your message you mentioned a QOL Survey - I have not seen this survey, and can't locate it in the forum - can you provide me with a way to see the survey, or the results (if they are public of course). If not, that is fine too...... Thank you.

• Dispatch centres or a free/very cheap building that is purely a depot, a building that units cannot be dispatched from/staffed, but could be stored in a state 6 state could be good. If you want to replace a vehicle and just want to store the original to put into a future station could be good. Even if it was limited to say, 10 vehicles, but of any type.

The only free building is a staging area. Dispatch centers are NOT a place where folks store apparatus. If you have extra apparatus that you no longer want to use, simply go to the specific unit and make it "unavailable"

ChiefBoden61 - I fully understand your comment and reply, and by no means do I think this should be anywhere near the top of the development list. I understand that the developers have been working very hard and have some new and interesting releases coming out in the not too distant future. I am sure we are all looking forward to those.

In your message you mentioned a QOL Survey - I have not seen this survey, and can't locate it in the forum - can you provide me with a way to see the survey, or the results (if they are public of course). If not, that is fine too...... Thank you.

The quality of life survey was done many months ago by administrators and moderators to develop a list of game improvements and suggestions or modifications to send in a complete list of everyone's wishes. I do not know how to find it. but it was a very lengthy thread.

I have never understood why you couldn't "sell" your old equipment for 50% of the original price. With the specializations being added to stations I don't need some of the equipment that's there.

If you don't need the equipment there, why don't you either "move" it to another station or simply make the unit "unavailable" until you find something else to do with it. I do not see them providing us with the option to "sell back" vehicles in the near future

• The only free building is a staging area. Dispatch centers are NOT a place where folks store apparatus. If you have extra apparatus that you no longer want to use, simply go to the specific unit and make it "unavailable"

But that still takes up a vehicle slot at the station. Im talking about somewhere to store surplus equipment so that you can then buy and use another unit at the station without deleting it and wasting that money on it. I know dispatch centres won't necessarily have a depot yard like that, but the dispatch centres in this tend to operate more like a HQ building and a HQ building MAY have some storage capacity, but I do think a specific small building would be better.

• IMO

Vehicle auctions and sales have no place in the game, all vehicles are already cheap enough.

There seems to be a back and forth between players wanting realism but then wanting things affordable, if we go with realism then you'll be surprised how the vehicle prices change and it would actually price people out of playing parts for quite some time.

I do like the idea of a storage facility though so that you can keep vehicles that are no longer required however you could easily do this yourself by building another station at an existing site and calling it "Storage", with that in mind I don't see it being implemented.

The QOL was clearly mentioned and talked about on the forums so you must have just missed it, it will be a pinned thread if you can find it, no dramas if you can't because it has already been submitted.

• You can already do this in the game, like I have.

Just build a station, buy a couple appliances, set the crew to 1 and stick them on Status 6. If you need them, activate them.

At this stage in the game, it's over a million for a station, add the cost of making room for the vehicles it adds up. Don't get why we can't sell vehicles if we no longer ned them.

• Quite simply, we can't sell them back because it is not a feature that the developers, content advisors and moderators have added. As we have been told before, it is just something that has not been done. If you want to stop using a unit and replace it, it is cheaper to expand station, add more units, and then put the one you want as "not available" (status 6) and set the number assigned to a minimum. Then go in and actually assign member to the replacement units...

• Quite simply, we can't sell them back because it is not a feature that the developers, content advisors and moderators have added. As we have been told before, it is just something that has not been done. If you want to stop using a unit and replace it, it is cheaper to expand station, add more units, and then put the one you want as "not available" (status 6) and set the number assigned to a minimum. Then go in and actually assign member to the replacement units...

For clarification, I do not want to sell vehicles back, I think that would create major issues within the game.

My suggestion is to be able to sell/auction the vehicles to other players, potentially within an alliance if you are a member of one, and maybe even to the user base as a whole (though I would probably not go that far).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!