• The SAR content pack thats been recently discussed on the forums will be UK only. One content pack wont be made available for UK/US due to the vast differences in how they operate.

That being said, I believe US already has some of the stuff I think we'll be getting, such as coastal rescue. The US advisors may be able to comment on if there's a SAR pack planned for the US version, though.

• Content Packs are built specific to the country/area that the version services, as such the Search and Rescue pack you are referencing was a pack based in the UK.

The US pack recently released was the Coastal Rescue and Lifeguard.

• Dutch version got SAR/Coast Guard, you don't miss much, the game doesn't distinguish between land and water, example: ship in distress, somewhere in the middle of the country, where there is no water.

• Any chance that any of the following will be in the works in 2023?

- USAR
    - Wilderness Search and Rescue
    - Disaster Relief / FEMA

I would not be opposed to the first two as long as they are done as extension and we would not see missions generate unless you have the extension. But the 3rd is NOT an emergency component in everyday emergency services and I do not feel it is relevant to an emergency game

• I would not be opposed to the first two as long as they are done as extension and we would not see missions generate unless you have the extension.

I agree that they would need to be done as an extension. Urban Search and Rescue makes no sense in the middle of Estes Park, CO for instance, while the Wilderness Search and Rescue would fit in great with its mountainous terrain. The opposite is true in cities such as New York.

But the 3rd is NOT an emergency component in everyday emergency services and I do not feel it is relevant to an emergency game

I totally get your point. But there are the Environmental Damage Assessments and other follow up missions, and I think FEMA could be applied in that sort of way. But IMO, it would be a MUCH lower priority, than fleshing out the rest of the US S&R as defined by the four primary elements of ESF-9.

• I totally get your point. But there are the Environmental Damage Assessments and other follow up missions, and I think FEMA could be applied in that sort of way. But IMO, it would be a MUCH lower priority, than fleshing out the rest of the US S&R as defined by the four primary elements of ESF-9.

The other issue you face on this, is the devs push back heavily against anything being introduced that would not be dispatched from an emergency call centre like the fire/police/ambulance. We had a struggle on the UK game to get coastguard/lifeboats added.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!