Police Chief/Auto Transport

• This has been brought up tons of times but never done, the UK version actually has this option I believe but not available on the US side.

Alliance : U.S. Emergency Services
    Captain
    Joined the game on August 1st, 2016.
    3m Earned Credits as of 12/9/17
    5m Earned Credits as of 07/1/18

• Seriously? The UK version has this option but the US version doesn't? I've also heard that the UK version has more beds for the hospitals, too.

Anyway, if it's been brought up a number of times before I wonder why it's never been added to the US version.

• Seems stupid, why not give the Sherrif this option? I see little difference between a sheriff and EMS Chief

...what? Give what are essentially regular patrol cars the ability to have PD units on scene auto-transport prisoners instead of a "support" type unit like the EMS chief does for EMS? If it's the name you're hung up on it doesn't have to be "chief," it can be "supervisor" or some generic equivalent.

I think it is unnecessary

Why's that? It's already in the game for the UK version of Mission Chief anyway, and EMS already has vehicles able to enable auto-transport for ambulances on the US version.

• ...what? Give what are essentially regular patrol cars the ability to have PD units on scene auto-transport prisoners instead of a "support" type unit like the EMS chief does for EMS? If it's the name you're hung up on it doesn't have to be "chief," it can be "supervisor" or some generic equivalent.

Why's that? It's already in the game for the UK version of Mission Chief anyway, and EMS already has vehicles able to enable auto-transport for ambulances on the US version.

There is no where in the US that a police Chief has to authorize transport of a prisoner.....to my knowledge. On the EMS Side, there is normally someone who is responsible for hospital transports on a large incident

• There is no where in the US that a police Chief has to authorize transport of a prisoner.....to my knowledge. On the EMS Side, there is normally someone who is responsible for hospital transports on a large incident

Knowing from personal experience, its regional. EMS and Police. It is extremely rare where an ambulance or police car needs to be authorized to transport. For example, if you have an incident where multiple people are shot, you will have an EMS chief directing ambulances to separate hospitals (Even if its not needed by policy, it just helps with logistics and organization). On the other hand, if you have multiple offenders in custody for that very same shooting. Sergeants/LTs may be directing patrol cars to various agencies or police stations so that they can notify those departments of incoming prisoners ahead of time. Also for the game itself. It would be very convenient.

• Knowing from personal experience, its regional. EMS and Police. It is extremely rare where an ambulance or police car needs to be authorized to transport. For example, if you have an incident where multiple people are shot, you will have an EMS chief directing ambulances to separate hospitals (Even if its not needed by policy, it just helps with logistics and organization). On the other hand, if you have multiple offenders in custody for that very same shooting. Sergeants/LTs may be directing patrol cars to various agencies or police stations so that they can notify those departments of incoming prisoners ahead of time. Also for the game itself. It would be very convenient.

Again.....in 52 years of service in this job, I have never see a time when a police chief authorized transport... but...I guess it could exist

• There is no where in the US that a police Chief has to authorize transport of a prisoner.....to my knowledge. On the EMS Side, there is normally someone who is responsible for hospital transports on a large incident

In my first post I said an equivalent to the EMS Chief unit. I meant as in functionality, not name. Also, as I said earlier it could just be a generic supervisor of some sort for a name. Lieutenant or something, I dunno. It's not about "authorizing" transport, it's automating the process like how the EMS chief/EMS mobile command can. I'm looking at this from a gameplay perspective, not a realism point of view.

• Perhaps this could be something written into the Sheriff Unit. I will make some inquiries.

I'll also look to ensure that it is an optional feature in my inquiries, so those with objections would not be required to have auto-transporting turned on (like EMS Chief is now).

• Perhaps this could be something written into the Sheriff Unit. I will make some inquiries.

I'll also look to ensure that it is an optional feature in my inquiries, so those with objections would not be required to have auto-transporting turned on (like EMS Chief is now).

That would be awesome, honestly. Exactly what I'm looking for. Especially since it's already in-game in the UK version anyway.

• That would be awesome, honestly. Exactly what I'm looking for. Especially since it's already in-game in the UK version anyway.

It is definitely on our radar, but I wouldn't expect it until sometime in the new year.

I thought of something recently in thoughts of the Sheriffs unit, as we have the Sheriff training why not rename it to Sheriffs Deputy training and get an additional training or vehicle for an actual Sheriff with the ability to auto transport prisoners? Because in retrospect not all the Sheriffs units are the actual Sheriff they are the Deputies there is only one actual Sheriff if you think about it

• I thought of something recently in thoughts of the Sheriffs unit, as we have the Sheriff training why not rename it to Sheriffs Deputy training and get an additional training or vehicle for an actual Sheriff with the ability to auto transport prisoners? Because in retrospect not all the Sheriffs units are the actual Sheriff they are the Deputies there is only one actual Sheriff if you think about it

Just adds more vehicles and or items that costs credits or coins. In my 20 years in emergency services in Florida I have never seen it required that a "sheriff" or "police Chief" has to authorize transport unless the transport has to go to some jail outside their jurisdiction.

• Just adds more vehicles and or items that costs credits or coins. In my 20 years in emergency services in Florida I have never seen it required that a "sheriff" or "police Chief" has to authorize transport unless the transport has to go to some jail outside their jurisdiction.

You've also probably never seen a dispatch centre have to authorise every transport and tell them where to go. However, that's what we do when processing a transport request (remember, you're technically playing the role of a 911 dispatcher). The transport system isn't "realistic" clearly, so a vehicle/person to automate this part of the game and automatically transport prisoners is just a feature for better efficiency and improved gameplay for us!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!