Mobile Air Unit Incorrectly Considered Ambulances

• It appears that the mobile air units are incorrectly considered ambulances when they should be considered a fire apparatus.

The "Cancel All Ambulances" button will end up cancelling the mobile air unit and you cannot move the mobile air units between fire stations unless it has the ambulance extension. You can also move them to an "Ambulance Station" and find the unit under "Ambulance" in the fire station vehicle market. This appears to be a bug since because you can buy it from the vehicle market at fire stations as "Other vehicles" and because they are listed as "Other Fire Apparatus" on the dispatch page. The mobile air units cannot be purchased at an ambulance station, so it is odd that you can buy it at a fire station and move it into an ambulance station.

A side effect is that it will also not show the "Current station" if you purchase the mobile air unit at a station that does not have an ambulance extension.

This causes a minor problem for users who do not want to build an ambulance extension when they do not want to run an ambulance out of their fire stations.

This appears to be related to a previous report found here: errors in game

• Just a suggestion...
    Could you delete the Mobile Air Unit, then rebuild it and rename it to say Cascade or SCBA Unit?
    You could also just delete it and replace it with the Utility and add the SCBA "Attributes" to the utility??? You could also add Rehab to the Utility's "Attributes" too.

Wow my CAD system taught me a new word lol

• Just a suggestion...
    Could you delete the Mobile Air Unit, then rebuild it and rename it to say Cascade or SCBA Unit?
    You could also just delete it and replace it with the Utility and add the SCBA "Attributes" to the utility??? You could also add Rehab to the Utility's "Attributes" too.

Can't you just rename the mobile air a cascade or SCBA truck? And there is no system for rehab in this game.

• Just a suggestion...

We're not going to be deleting the Mobile Air Unit.

• First of all instead of getting mad I am going to try and explain my post which was denied and I know not passed on.

The suggestion was in the programming. Yes I have some knowledge of writing programs.
    Of course you can not delete this type of unit, I said to delete it then rebuild it in the programming and if necessary rename it.

An SCBA unit is a required unit in the fire service, not my first rodeo. I just thought the above might It might be a quick way to fix the problem for Sebastion.

I then was trying to suggest a way to improve the unit. Merging it with the utility would actually make the utility a valuable asset.
    Instead of saying no maybe pass it on.

I do not think I have ever dispatched my utility on a fire scene yet in this game.

• I agree and disagree
    Yes it would make the utility more useful and mean departments that don't have one means you don't need more but you should be using utilities along side heavy rescues and for small calls like tree fallen

I agree, the utility Heavy Rescue ability is a really important aspect, I do think if you wanted a utility to fulfil the role of a mobile air you could just put a mobile air and name it "Utility 244 - SCBA support"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!