Airport Rescue and Firefighting Update (RFFS)

• I take it this is all via POI system.

If so I take it for the likes of Glasgow and Edinburgh I'm going to need to place all 3 levels of POI as they do cover stuff from small single props right up to the A380 at Glasgow and sure Edinburgh can handle up to the 747s although rarely does these days if at all.

I was wondering about this. Does placing a large POI allow for the spawning of small and medium stuff as well, or do you need be placing all 3?

• I take it this is all via POI system.

If so I take it for the likes of Glasgow and Edinburgh I'm going to need to place all 3 levels of POI as they do cover stuff from small single props right up to the A380 at Glasgow and sure Edinburgh can handle up to the 747s although rarely does these days if at all.

Large will cover Code B-F in game, Medium A-C, Small A-B. Glasgow would be Code F (which has always confused me as their fire service doesn’t really have enough resources to handle an A380, but here we are haha) Edinburgh would be an E as far as I’m aware. Although if it handles 748 then it’s F

• Large will cover Code B-F in game, Medium A-C, Small A-B. Glasgow would be Code F (which has always confused me as their fire service doesn’t really have enough resources to handle an A380, but here we are haha) Edinburgh would be an E as far as I’m aware. Although if it handles 748 then it’s F

Yeah, Glasgow gets a daily visit of an Emirates A380 not sure how they get it from a safety point.

Edinburgh can handle some of the smaller 747 fleet and similar sized, it probably could handle the 748 and A380 as will have the space.

Prestwick is also handles the 747 but can handle larger.

The lot of them don't have the proper fire cover really.

I'll just make the lot of them large but will also add small and medium to them.

Inverness and Aberdeen will get small and medium and liekly most others will get small only.....some of our remote airports fire service is literally a old Landrover.

• So this requirement is some kind of game-technical stuff, not IRL connections?

Btw have you got any info about Newcastle and Carlaisle airports?

Anything could be useful, im quite blind on this.

thx

• Yeah Prestwick’s larger is often military and it seems that things go out the window regarding to military haha

So this requirement is some kind of game-technical stuff, not IRL connections?

Btw have you got any info about Newcastle and Carlaisle airports?

Anything could be useful, im quite blind on this.

thx

If your still talking about HART, it’s an IRL feature

• good luck with the island airports (there are so many island ones that you need to literally scavenge the internet to find info on, believe me I tried making an airport list earlier this year)

• Large will cover Code B-F in game, Medium A-C, Small A-B. Glasgow would be Code F (which has always confused me as their fire service doesn’t really have enough resources to handle an A380, but here we are haha) Edinburgh would be an E as far as I’m aware. Although if it handles 748 then it’s F

Edinburgh is an F indeed yes, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Prestwick are the only F ones in Scotland

• Edinburgh is an F indeed yes, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Prestwick are the only F ones in Scotland

Sorry to be pedantic, but Glasgow Airport is the only one capable of routinely accepting Code F passenger aircraft. Prestwick could, but its terminal is tiny so all it gets are some Ryanair 737s. The airfield is big enough at Prestwick though, but it's mostly cargo and military that go in there.

As for Edinburgh, it's tiny. Code E only, not F. I can't find any references to a Code F ever landing there - the taxiways are too narrow and the stands aren't designed for them. For the purpose of this game however, I would classify Edinburgh as "large" to get bigger missions as they do still routinely have 777s and 787s.

• Sorry to be pedantic, but Glasgow Airport is the only one capable of routinely accepting Code F passenger aircraft. Prestwick could, but its terminal is tiny so all it gets are some Ryanair 737s. The airfield is big enough at Prestwick though, but it's mostly cargo and military that go in there.

As for Edinburgh, it's tiny. Code E only, not F. I can't find any references to a Code F ever landing there - the taxiways are too narrow and the stands aren't designed for them. For the purpose of this game however, I would classify Edinburgh as "large" to get bigger missions as they do still routinely have 777s and 787s.

Can you pls give me some hints about Newcastle and Carlisle?

Which CAT and how should their setup look like?

• I was wondering about this. Does placing a large POI allow for the spawning of small and medium stuff as well, or do you need be placing all 3?

You don't need to place all three unless you want all 6 categories of aircraft to spawn there.
    "Small" will spawn just Code A and B,
    "Medium" will spawn A to C
    "Large" will spawn Code C to Code F

Keep in mind we haven't yet been able to implement the number of missions we want so please bare with us and over time we will have more variety in missions. In turn this should make them spawn more frequently than they do now.

• good luck with the island airports (there are so many island ones that you need to literally scavenge the internet to find info on, believe me I tried making an airport list earlier this year)

Been planning this part since game come out. So have quite a bit info stored.

Going to add the larger ones and ones that are used more frequently first and see how things go

• Just seen something kinda funny, the new bike responders have the exact same speed as any other units. just watched one follow and keep up with another ambulance on a motorway. I now have a mental image of a cycle responder holding onto the back of a blue lighting ambulance. Looks like those are going to need custom vehicle tags as they are just considered ambulances,

• Just seen something kinda funny, the new bike responders have the exact same speed as any other units. just watched one follow and keep up with another ambulance on a motorway. I now have a mental image of a cycle responder holding onto the back of a blue lighting ambulance. Looks like those are going to need custom vehicle tags as they are just considered ambulances,

I did set the max speed of the vehicle to 20kmh but obviously that didn’t do anything haha. Unfortunately the way the games been coded often it prefers to just use the signposted speed

• Sorry to be pedantic, but Glasgow Airport is the only one capable of routinely accepting Code F passenger aircraft. Prestwick could, but its terminal is tiny so all it gets are some Ryanair 737s. The airfield is big enough at Prestwick though, but it's mostly cargo and military that go in there.

Prestwick gets cargolux 747s daily, Edinburgh may not see A380s regularly but I've found sources proving it is still capable - they all must still technically be classed as an F if they're capable of such aircraft

• Hi is there a way we can get airport operations as a separate building as I have a small fire station at Lydd which is a small to medium airfield and keeps generating mission that need airport operations vehicle which currently has to come from another location.

• Hi is there a way we can get airport operations as a separate building as I have a small fire station at Lydd which is a small to medium airfield and keeps generating mission that need airport operations vehicle which currently has to come from another location.

We asked for a separate building, but the Devs agreed to include the department but only as an expansion of police or fire stations. For you, however, I would definitely class Lydd as small only. The update was designed in a way that you wouldn't need Ops for small airfields.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!