Platform/Heavy Rescue, Quint/Heavy, Hazmat/Heavy

• I love the recent additions to the game. They have made it more fun and added more realism. We are still missing a couple of very key vehicles though.

First is is a Quint/Heavy Rescue and a Platform/Heavy Rescue. These are used by many departments across the country in place of or to supplement a Heavy Rescue.

Second is a combined Hazmat/Heavy Rescue. This may not be as common but many departments operate a combined special operations team.

Adding these units would allow for increased realism in game and I am surprised it has taken this long to add.

• AS we have been told before the developers have attempted to make the game as real as possible. As I have been told many many times, they can not even begin to match or create every single combinations of possible fire service vehicles. We have engines, trucks, squads, hazmat, tankers (tenders), wildland and command vehicles and even tanker pumpers as well as multiple EMS. Quints can even respond in place of engines. We just have to live with what they provide.

• I can appreciate that the Quint/Heavy could be considered too powerful and that they can’t introduce every possible apparatus out there but I would argue that adding the a Truck company that has rescue equipment is the second or third most common apparatus in the US. And a platform/Heavy wouldn’t be any more powerful than the Rescue Engine is.

To help combat the quint/Heavy being to powerful they could make it so they only count as one of the required apparatus rather than satisfying multiple of the requirements like the Rescue Engine.

As for the Hazmat/Heavy I don’t expect it to happen. I am just voicing that it would be a good addition in my opinion.

• I can appreciate that the Quint/Heavy could be considered too powerful and that they can’t introduce every possible apparatus out there but I would argue that adding the a Truck company that has rescue equipment is the second or third most common apparatus in the US. And a platform/Heavy wouldn’t be any more powerful than the Rescue Engine is.

To help combat the quint/Heavy being to powerful they could make it so they only count as one of the required apparatus rather than satisfying multiple of the requirements like the Rescue Engine.

As for the Hazmat/Heavy I don’t expect it to happen. I am just voicing that it would be a good addition in my opinion.

I think a Platform/Rescue is a reasonable request, but you won't get a quint/rescue as that would occupy 3 vehicle types and nothing covers that many currently.

A truck company with rescue equipment is gonna be far from the second or third most common apparatus as well. There are far more departments in the country that do not have ladder trucks then there are departments with them.

• I know one thing that I found frustrating as a realistic player when I last played was that many FDs outside of large urban centers don't maintain a dedicated HazMat truck. In various places I've lived the HazMat team would arrive in a truck that pulled a trailer with equipment, have a support unit that included specialized rescue equipment, hazmat equipment, and other support equipment. In various places that I've lived I've also seen Rescue HazMats and Rescue + Air/Light units. These extra options might be nice for realistic players, or rural players whose stations aren't going to have all unit types for small towns.

I'd also point out regarding rescue/quint the UK game has a CARP - Combined Arial Rescue Pump, which fulfills all three roles. I don't recall anywhere I've lived in the US having a three way unit. So the OP argument is perhaps moot, based on comparison to other versions.

• I'd also point out regarding rescue/quint the UK game has a CARP - Combined Arial Rescue Pump, which fulfills all three roles. I don't recall anywhere I've lived in the US having a three way unit. So the OP argument is perhaps moot, based on comparison to other versions.

Unfortunately the “rescue” part of the name is misleading, as it relates to rescue via a ladder with a basket on the end rather than rescue as in heavy rescue. It does not fulfil the rescue requirement in-game. It is a renamed Quint for all intents and purposes.

There are however other multi-role vehicles on the UK server such as the Operational Support Unit which acts as a welfare vehicle, breathing apparatus support unit and hazmat unit. There’s the armed cell van for the airport police which acts as a police car, can transport 2 prisoners and can act as an armed response vehicle. Also for the police is the Armed Traffic Car, which is a police car, traffic car and armed response vehicle all in one.

• In my county alone there is way more departments that don’t have a ladder truck then those who do (like most towns have like 1-2, but a few of the towns are are not a unified single fire department but rather 2 or more departments that jointly cover one town. And in my own battalion only 3 departments out of 6 have the 5 trucks in the entire battalion (which covers 4 towns (there’s some weird boarders that were drawn by the membership of the departments as we are all volunteer (well mostly))) Monroe County, NY is where I am from

• While yes, places like FDNY run their ladders as "light" heavy rescues (where they have a set of jaws and cribbing and some basic stabilization equipment along with rope rescue and high angle stuff), I don't think that we need a platform rescue truck as it just wouldnt make much sense to have in the game along with being fairly uncommon. I think that the quint is common enough to warrant having it as a vehicle in the game same with the rescue engine (squad)

I can appreciate that the Quint/Heavy could be considered too powerful and that they can’t introduce every possible apparatus out there but I would argue that adding the a Truck company that has rescue equipment is the second or third most common apparatus in the US. And a platform/Heavy wouldn’t be any more powerful than the Rescue Engine is.

With this, I really dont like the idea of having quints and rescue enignes only fulfill one of the two requirements for missions, the purpose of them is to fill 2 requirements and have less apparatus responding and being stuck at scenes. It is designed to free up space in your city, district, town, or whatever.

I also don't really see the point of having a hazmat/heavy rescue because there arent many missions that require only hazmat or heavy rescue, and the ones that do also require engines and ladders so it would totally defeat the purpose of the squad in that mission. There aren't many times where i think to myself "damn, I need a rescue and a hazmat for this mission but I only have the hazmat".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!