Airport and Rescue Updates

• It's been a long time since I last played this, and I was considering coming back... but looking at the most recent updates for this and the UK version I'm confused. The quality of content on the US version seems to have dwindled. When I played it was the PREMIERE English speaking version. But comparing the FB updates, it seems that is no longer the case.

The US version's airport update was two new tenders. Nice for realism (thank you!), but not anywhere near as in depth as the UK's version with its Airport Police, Airfield Operations, and additional units (RIV, Rescue Stairs, Command, Medical Equip Trailer, etc.). I get that the versions are different as they tailor to different countries practices, but the US version is still so surface level. while the UK got a big update that vastly improves the game.

Same with the rescue updates. The US got what is essentially coast guard and lifeguard. Great! The UK update was similar (with a S&R Part 2 coming!) but has much more units and more in-depth options with mud rescue, rope rescue, 4x4 vehicles, and more.

Is the US development still going well, or has it stalled in comparison to other versions?

• [In the spirit of maintaining a positive peace in the forums, I've deleted the quoted section, since caching / forum settings was causing it to still appear on my device. That said, I'm leaving the rest of the post up, since it adds further information to the discussion.]

But my point is - THAT (what you mentioned) is lagging behind the UK versions. UK gets New Mission Monday as well, and their airport update was FAR more than two ARFF vehicles. See attached image of the UK's Airport Update (source: FB @MissionChief.co.uk)

• Thank you for your kind words about the UK update. We put a lot of hard work into it to provide the players with a large variety of options. We were also working from scratch on a limited timeframe.

While I am not involved with the US game development, it is my understanding that the original ARFF pack for that game is very old and reasonably inflexible so the addition of two extra firefighting units is nice although there could be a larger expansion added in my opinion. Aviation firefighting is very different between both countries so what is relevant in one may not be relevant in the other. I'm open to ideas however and always willing to help other versions out with industry knowledge.

I've also deleted the above comment as it was not relevant to the topic and came across quite hostile. I will not tolerate this here.

• Thank you for your kind words about the UK update. We put a lot of hard work into it to provide the players with a large variety of options. We were also working from scratch on a limited timeframe.

While I am not involved with the US game development, it is my understanding that the original ARFF pack for that game is very old and reasonably inflexible so the addition of two extra firefighting units is nice although there could be a larger expansion added in my opinion. Aviation firefighting is very different between both countries so what is relevant in one may not be relevant in the other. I'm open to ideas however and always willing to help other versions out with industry knowledge.

I've also deleted the above comment as it was not relevant to the topic and came across quite hostile. I will not tolerate this here.

Look elsewhere from me for industry knowledge! I've volunteered wilderness S&R in the US, but beyond that - I can't provide more than what I've observed.

The expectation that the current system is inflexible is a head scratcher for me though... I don't know what the dev team / content team size is, but even if its small, I'd think reworking things to improve quality would benefit current, returning, and first time players, even if the transitions cause some temporary fusses.

Thanks for the response, and it's good to see members of the update teams in the forums! Very much appreciate the response, and its making which version I want to reinvest time into an easier choice haha.

Cheers!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!