Coverage Areas (Resolved)

• I'm not certain if this is a bug or not, but I have selected "Create your own Coverage area" for 2 regions that run up against each other, and one of these areas has Aerial Vehicles, while the other doesn't. The area without Aerial vehicles still spawns missions that require them, which is rather irritating when it takes nearly 20 minutes for a ladder truck to reach the far edge of the region without aerials

• I'm not certain if this is a bug or not, but I have selected "Create your own Coverage area" for 2 regions that run up against each other, and one of these areas has Aerial Vehicles, while the other doesn't. The area without Aerial vehicles still spawns missions that require them, which is rather irritating when it takes nearly 20 minutes for a ladder truck to reach the far edge of the region without aerials

The rules for mission generation are:

* the building that generates the mission is assigned to a dispatch center with it's own coverage area => only buildings assigned to this dispatch center do count for prerequisites.

* the building is not assigned to any dispatch center => All buildings of your account (even those assigned to dispatch centers, no matter wether or not they do have their own coverage area) do count for prerequisites

* the building is assigned to a dispatch center without it's own coverage area => same as above

Common bugs that appear with the coverage areas:

* Not all buildings are assigned to their intended dispatch center

* A "Create your own coverage area" checkbox has accidentally been unchecked

• Right. I imagine it's probably a bug then, as I have every building (aside from hospitals) assigned to 1 of 2 dispatch centres, and both dispatch centres have "own coverage are" checked.

I'll delete both centres and reassign buildings to see if that fixes it

• So you got a dispatch center with 0, 1 or 2 fire stations and its own coverage area.

Also you got a second dispatch center that contains all the buildings that are not assigned to the other dispatch center. It also has its own coverage area.

And yet there are missions requiring the ladder platform although the building that generated the missions is assigned to the first dispatch center.

Is that all correct?

• Sorry, I didn't describe that well.

I have 2 dispatch centres. About half my stations are assigned to one, the rest are assigned to the other.

One dispatch centre and group of stations are in a metropolitan area, with Ladder Platform trucks and Aerial Pumpers. The other dispatch centre and group of stations are a rural area next to the city, with no Ladder Platforms or Aerial Pumpers.

The city area is generating missions that need aerial appliances, which is good. The rural area is also generating missions that need aerial appliances, which is a pain in my behind.

• Mozza

Changed the title of the thread from “Coverage Areas” to “Coverage Areas (Resolved)”.
  • Lol, I have aerials travel 3 Hours to some calls out in the country. A simple fix is to put a quint in a station, and put a none quint truck icon on it. It will then respond looking like a pump with a ladder not a platform

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!