Missionchief has the german Firefigting system!!

• Well if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see these guidelines you're viewing please.

I too would be interested in reading this.

However this is getting very off topic. The OP states that the game has a very German feel to it and he is correct. Limits of 3 people to a "platform truck" or a "rescue truck" are more of a german styling and not accurate to the united states way. The end all be all is departments in the united states have about as much flexibility in how they run their departments, they run them how the desire to run them. I agree with the OP that I would like to see some adjustments to make the apparatus more american.

Btw FirefighterDetroit, you are a captain in Chicago, did you transfer to Detroit?

• Well if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see these guidelines you're viewing please.

Sorry can't forum rules say you can't send links to third party websites. Anyways just look up FDNy response guidelines. Bottom line is I'm done with you trying to argue with me. I'm done talking after this post because I hate having someone arguing with me about something a real FDNY firefighter knows about his own department. I'm also realizing this is getting off topic and we should be talking on topic.
    Lastly heres a screen shot that proves this. It was posted on one of the websites with the response guidelines but someone removed the source.

I too would be interested in reading this.
    However this is getting very off topic. The OP states that the game has a very German feel to it and he is correct. Limits of 3 people to a "platform truck" or a "rescue truck" are more of a german styling and not accurate to the united states way. The end all be all is departments in the united states have about as much flexibility in how they run their departments, they run them how the desire to run them. I agree with the OP that I would like to see some adjustments to make the apparatus more american.

Btw FirefighterDetroit, you are a captain in Chicago, did you transfer to Detroit?

No I'm not a firefighter in any of these cities.

• Orry can't forum rules say you can't send links to third party websites. Anyways just look up FDNy response guidelines. Bottom line is I'm done with you trying to argue with me. I'm done talking after this post because I hate having someone arguing with me about something a real FDNY firefighter knows about his own department.

My mistake, I thought I remember you mentioning this.

Well as per the forum rules you are correct you cannot send links to third party websites, in the public forums, but you can send them in private messages, so would you mind sending me this response guideline you are readling. I would really like to take a look at that.

6.Links
    a) Third party links are any links to other games, websites, or forums that do not have to do with missionchief.com, are not allowed in public chat. You can send links to other games, and other non-adult oriented websites, through pm’s as long as the person receiving the pm permits it.
    b) First party links are those links directly linking the parts of the game, i.e. to the forum, the game itself, or the wiki page
    c) Any link containing links to adult oriented sites whether it be in a pm, association chat, or public chat, is a violation and is an automatic 30 day ban

Edit: I just saw your edit with the wikipedia picture. As everyone should already know wikipedia is not a reliable source as anyone can add and edit information to it. To add to the unreliability of wikipedia you are using an article which you state the author removed the source, so for all anyone can tell it is random bullshit. Might as well have not even used a source at that point.

• I wouldn't mind but anyways I would love to see the appratus be more American but some departments actually have only three people seating in the ladders I know of some departments that have engines that allow up to nine people as a crew and some only allow four but the most I seen is six.

That is exactly what I was saying. I know there are many departments that staff 3 on a ladder truck, i know many departments that staff any number on an engine. So my point was that the limit of 3 people on a ladder truck as imposed by the game fits the German styling of the game much better than the american.

• I think rather than changing it so that it is required that a platform truck or heavy Rescue have to attend every car crash as in my opinion that is just stupid as these are resources that could be better used elsewhere, I also think if we gave heavy rescues and ladders extrication gear although it might be realistic it would take away from overall gameplay as there is a nice upgrade structure to the game currently. I definitely think there should be changes to the personnel in vehicles, the changes I would make would be these:

Fire fire

• Type 1: leave the same
    • Type 2: 1-4
    • Platform truck: 1-6
    • Heavy Rescue: 1-6
    • Chief: leave the same
    • Water tanker: leave the same
    • Mobile air: leave the same
    • Utility: leave the same
    • Hazmat: leave the same
    • Mobile command: leave the same
    • ARFF: 1-4

For police I think changes should be

• Patrol car: leave the same
    • SWAT: 2-6
    • Police helicopter: leave the same

For ambulance

• Ambulance: leave the same
    • Fly cars: leave the same
    • HEMS: 3
  • I think rather than changing it so that it is required that a platform truck or heavy Rescue have to attend every car crash as in my opinion that is just stupid as these are resources that could be better used elsewhere, I also think if we gave heavy rescues and ladders extrication gear although it might be realistic it would take away from overall gameplay as there is a nice upgrade structure to the game currently. I definitely think there should be changes to the personnel in vehicles, the changes I would make would be these:

Fire fire

• Type 1: leave the same
    • Type 2: 1-4
    • Platform truck: 1-6
    • Heavy Rescue: 1-6
    • Chief: leave the same
    • Water tanker: leave the same
    • Mobile air: leave the same
    • Utility: leave the same
    • Hazmat: leave the same
    • Mobile command: leave the same
    • ARFF: 1-4

For police I think changes should be

• Patrol car: leave the same
    • SWAT: 2-6
    • Police helicopter: leave the same

For ambulance

• Ambulance: leave the same
    • Fly cars: leave the same
    • HEMS: 3

Even though the game doesn't require platform trucks to respond I do it anyways, you're in luck as Chicago has it set up this way as well an the response for Chicago for an accident is a engine or a truck and an ambo and some times a squad automatically responds or it goes that one engine and a truck responds with an ambo.Chicago actually has a guideline for a pin in accident which includes a squad. This one I can prove right off the bat. I can also see where you are coming from for responses and personnal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!