Missionchief has the german Firefigting system!!

• Hello community! I am an german Missionchief and Leitstellenspiel ( the german missionchief) gamer and an junior firefighter and paramedic. I think I knew some about the US Fire Department tactics, so I must say the game is to german. You can see for a traffic accident you need ingame an engine and in reallife the most US Fire services go to the call with an Rescue or an Laddertruck, right? In germany we made all fire calls with an engine (basicly) and not only with Rescues or Ladders... . But this problem we have in germany too. Usually we response to a gas leak with an Heavy Rescue with 3 Fire fighters if this Vehicle is in the Station. And with the personnel there are lots of german tactics, so in an german ladder you have 3 Firefighters. In an american Ladder you have 6-8 firefighters ( sorry when im wrong). In a german rescue we have 3 Firefighters. In an american Rescue we have 6-8, too. I think the reason of this problem is: the programmer of this game are german firefighters, like in the german version.

That all came home from the Call!!!- Your Feulex.

sorry about my worse english, I learn it at school.:-)

• I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make with this post, but I'll try to address it anyways. Yes, the developer (Sebastian) is a German firefighter. However, the moderator team (EFD, Jason, Aether, and myself) are all in emergency services in the US and the UK. We're responsible for collecting ideas, writing up implementation plans, and presenting them to Sebastian. Typically, he implements them how we ask.

I think part of your misunderstanding is that you're not noticing the division of firefighting capabilities in the US. Fire Departments are generally run by municipalities, which means that every city and town will be different from each other. Sure, some departments might have 6-8 people on a Rescue, but I know a (fully career) department that only runs one on a rescue. Also, I would be surprised if any department ran a wreck without an engine.

• Sorry my english is not so good to say you what the problem is. I know that every Fire Company can be organized in an other way. In germany we have strictly regulations and standarts how to organize the fire department. I play missionchief in New york, and i know there respond a rescue to a traffic accident. But I am a german firefighter so i can only tell you right things about the german Fire services. The german version is not ever real too, but structured in the right way.

• I can't really say for sure as I don't know that much about how the FDNY operate however I know they only have I think about 6 rescues, in a city with a population of 8.4 million there is no way a Rescue can attend every car accident, as for ladders I think the reason they attend collisions is not because it's a response requirement but because a ladder in the US can carry just as many people as an engine and it carries extrication gear so it gets dispatched as a engine rather than a ladder to car accidents.

• i have to go along with Gavin and TACRfan on this one. From my personal experienc, the department that I worked for, an Engine was first out on any call besides a brush fire. We have a ladder but typically the only time it would go first is if the engines or rescue was already busy. We also had a heavy rescue that was dispatched to motor vehicle accidents first but it also had a water tank and pump so it was more of a rescue/pumper. All of the engines, the ladder, and the rescue carried extrication equipment so it honestly did not matter which responded to MVAs, just depended on the guy that was driving and what he hopped into first.

• Ok sorry if i am wrong, I dont know many about the US Fire department. But in my oppinion the game is to german and the low regulation in the USA make this game not easy to programm.

I have an question to you american: Is it right that volunteer fire fighters respond with POV and Emergency Ligst/ Siren to the station and to the call? I wanna do this in germany too, but its not allowed.

• I have an question to you american: Is it right that volunteer fire fighters respond with POV and Emergency Ligst/ Siren to the station and to the call? I wanna do this in germany too, but its not allowed.

Many volunteer departments allow this, but it's pretty much up to the chief of each department to decide. My department is combination full-time/volunteer (we staff 6 people at Station 1, and 2 people at stations 2, 3, and 4 24/7 (in addition to administrative personnel) and don't allow POV response, whereas another department in very familiar with staffs 6 people at Station 1, and 2 at Station 3 full-time (plus admin personnel) and DOES allow POV response for paid-on-calls FFs at Stations 1-4.

• Yes, some departments allow their volunteers to respond to the scene in their POVs with lights. Only Chief officers can have sirens in their POVs. Some departments don't allow their volunteers to respond to the scene, but have them respond to the station still utilizing their POVs with emergency lights to get to the station. I hope this answers your question.

• As it has been said above about ladders and rescues to car accidents. While yes some departments do respond them to car accidents it is by no means a requirement. I think what the OP might actually be referring to is actual extrication incidents, and in larger cities it is not uncommon to send a ladder to an extrication incident. Often times due to space limitations for equipment storage, the cribbing and thing such as airbags are kept on a ladder truck, while hydraulic tools kept on an engine. Else where can be different. My department has an engine dedicated for vehicle fires and extrication. It also serves as a secondary structure engine but since it is full of extrication equipment and lacking other equipment we cannot run it as a first out engine to structure fires.

Also as to POV response, in Iowa firefighters can be issued a blue light permit and run lights only in their vehicles at the discretion of the chief. No sirens period. Also the light does not grant any permission to break any traffic laws, no running through red lights, no running stop signs, and no speeding. My department, a combination department does not allow blue lights at all. Nor do we allow POV response to a scene (with a few rare exceptions).

• I can't really say for sure as I don't know that much about how the FDNY operate however I know they only have I think about 6 rescues, in a city with a population of 8.4 million there is no way a Rescue can attend every car accident, as for ladders I think the reason they attend collisions is not because it's a response requirement but because a ladder in the US can carry just as many people as an engine and it carries extrication gear so it gets dispatched as a engine rather than a ladder to car accidents.

I do remember reading somewhere that Rescues are sent out to all structure fires but they aren't for rescuing regular people they are actually there for the firefighters it's something that the FDNY started since the World Trade Center bombing back in 93. I don't the department's 6-8 squads (cannot remember exactly how many squads the FDNY has anymore but I believe they have around 6-8 of them but heres the kicker they are regular fire engines but they respond with a utility truck that carries you know supplies) respond to car accidents.

• I do remember reading somewhere that Rescues are sent out to all structure fires but they aren't for rescuing regular people they are actually there for the firefighters it's something that the FDNY started since the World Trade Center bombing back in 93. I don't the department's 6-8 squads (cannot remember exactly how many squads the FDNY has anymore but I believe they have around 6-8 of them but heres the kicker they are regular fire engines but they respond with a utility truck that carries you know supplies) respond to car accidents.

Interesting, I think however it should be the choice of the player and if they want to make a response regulation for a structure fire that sends a Rescue then they can but it shouldn't be a must as this is not something every department does.

• I do remember reading somewhere that Rescues are sent out to all structure fires but they aren't for rescuing regular people they are actually there for the firefighters it's something that the FDNY started since the World Trade Center bombing back in 93. I don't the department's 6-8 squads (cannot remember exactly how many squads the FDNY has anymore but I believe they have around 6-8 of them but heres the kicker they are regular fire engines but they respond with a utility truck that carries you know supplies) respond to car accidents.

Not sure where you read the part where they were all engines with utility trucks, FDNY operates all heavy rescue apparatus for their rescue units. It is true that a rescue goes to all structure fire calls (not sure if just working fires or all first alarms) and I cannot speak to FDNY but they may be used for search and rescue of a building for civilian rescue or RIT team, RIT meaning rapid intervention team, (sometimes called RIC) for firefighter rescue. But in reality any apparatus should be able to handle a RIT assignment.

• i would like to invite everyone to check out NYFD video's,their website's,and on broadcastify they can be found on multiple frequencies currently they have a queens box has gone to a 5th alarm car 3 has the command and field comm is the onsite dispatcher this is about the 6th major fire this week codes for NYFD a 10-75,10-77 which brings 4n engs 4 ladders and rescue on the first alarm :) for those who wondering what a 5th alarm for NYFD is here is a link to a video from twitter https://twitter.com/FDNY/status/851946459075416065 :) please enjoy the video

• Not sure where you read the part where they were all engines with utility trucks, FDNY operates all heavy rescue apparatus for their rescue units. It is true that a rescue goes to all structure fire calls (not sure if just working fires or all first alarms) and I cannot speak to FDNY but they may be used for search and rescue of a building for civilian rescue or RIT team, RIT meaning rapid intervention team, (sometimes called RIC) for firefighter rescue. But in reality any apparatus should be able to handle a RIT assignment.

FDNY operates very differently than other departments do the Rescues are not for regular civilians the Rescues are for thre firefigters in case they are needed if you are looking for a rescue that is for civilians you would be looking at the departments 6-8 squads which are all regular engines but respond in two piece sets an engine and a utility truck.

• FDNY operates very differently than other departments do the Rescues are not for regular civilians the Rescues are for thre firefigters in case they are needed if you are looking for a rescue that is for civilians you would be looking at the departments 6-8 squads which are all regular engines but respond in two piece sets an engine and a utility truck.

I'm not sure where you learned that but FDNY's seven rescue trucks (one per borough and, last I knew, two reserve rescues, 6 and 7) respond to incidents not just for firefighters, they handle regular jobs on a fireground and respond to special rescue assignments that would require specialized training or rescue equipment. Which, NYPD ESU may respond to as well since they ALSO have that same specialized rescue equipment. In fact there has been a longstanding bitter rivalry between the FDNY and NYPD ESU for a long time now because of it.

Squads and rescues can do the same duties, and fill in for what roles are needed on the fireground by the IC depending on resources at the time. Both personnel are trained at the rescue school and are FDNY SOC units, but Squads can function as an engine co., a truck co., and a rescue co.. But, unlike a rescue co., squad personnel are HazMat techs also, the main reason the FDNY recreated the squad co. in the late '90s, it needed a unit capable of handling something biological in the case of another attack. The second vehicle assigned to the squad companies stores their HazMat equipment.

• I'm not sure where you learned that but FDNY's seven rescue trucks (one per borough and, last I knew, two reserve rescues, 6 and 7) respond to incidents not just for firefighters, they handle regular jobs on a fireground and respond to special rescue assignments that would require specialized training or rescue equipment. Which, NYPD ESU may respond to as well since they ALSO have that same specialized rescue equipment. In fact there has been a longstanding bitter rivalry between the FDNY and NYPD ESU for a long time now because of it.
    Squads and rescues can do the same duties, and fill in for what roles are needed on the fireground by the IC depending on resources at the time. Both personnel are trained at the rescue school and are FDNY SOC units, but Squads can function as an engine co., a truck co., and a rescue co.. But, unlike a rescue co., squad personnel are HazMat techs also, the main reason the FDNY recreated the squad co. in the late '90s, it needed a unit capable of handling something biological in the case of another attack. The second vehicle assigned to the squad companies stores their HazMat equipment.

That's what I read it's posted on this one website that has the basics of the FDNY alarm response guidelines it specifically stated that the departments seven rescues are there not for civilians but for the firefighters themselves.

• That's what I read it's posted on this one website that has the basics of the FDNY alarm response guidelines it specifically stated that the departments seven rescues are there not for civilians but for the firefighters themselves.

It just isn't correct lol, a vehicle's fireground assignment largely depends on what the IC needs at the time and what resources are available. FDNY will automatically assign a truck as a FAST truck when they dispatch that truck on the box, but it can be any unit assigned to the box that operates as the FAST. If a firefighter calls a mayday then the rescue and the squad might be called to assist depending on the type of mayday and tools needed. But aside from that, Rescues can serve on any calls. They make up part of the FDNY collapse rescue units, consisting of a rescue company and a collapse rescue truck which respond to, well, building collapses. They handle scuba rescue, rope rescue, train derailments, airplane emergencies, really bad accidents, anything that requires special rescue equipment.

• It just isn't correct lol, a vehicle's fireground assignment largely depends on what the IC needs at the time and what resources are available. FDNY will automatically assign a truck as a FAST truck when they dispatch that truck on the box, but it can be any unit assigned to the box that operates as the FAST. If a firefighter calls a mayday then the rescue and the squad might be called to assist depending on the type of mayday and tools needed. But aside from that, Rescues can serve on any calls. They make up part of the FDNY collapse rescue units, consisting of a rescue company and a collapse rescue truck which respond to, well, building collapses. They handle scuba rescue, rope rescue, train derailments, airplane emergencies, really bad accidents, anything that requires special rescue equipment.

Tell it to the FDNY I'm going by what I read and by the way IC even made it this way. You can disagree all you want but the FDNy response guidelines are not wrong because ther FDNy made them this way. By the way the guy that posted the response guidelines is a real FDNY firefighter I'm pretty sure a real FDNY firefighter would know what his own department does.

• Tell it to the FDNY I'm going by what I read and by the way IC even made it this way. You can disagree all you want but the FDNy response guidelines are not wrong because ther FDNy made them this way. By the way the guy that posted the response guidelines is a real FDNY firefighter I'm pretty sure a real FDNY firefighter would know what his own department does.

Well if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see these guidelines you're viewing please.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!